08 zx10 susp? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 10-05-2013, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

08 zx10 susp?

Just looking at upgrading my 08 zx10 front forks and have a couple of options either ssk ktech piston kit or a ohlins piston kit .Just wondering which way i should go ?The roads i ride a bit rough uneven .Not sure what i will do with the rear shock yet maybe revalve respring or after market elka .ohlins or penske just need to get this 10 sorted asap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Hi matey

Both ohlins and K-tech kits are good quality.. and far better than your stock road forks.
I ran Ohlins on my Gen3 and then outed them for K-tech,
K-tech are easier to get that sweet spot with esp when playing with settings your self.
post #3 of 16 Old 10-06-2013, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Cheers lee v i recon my 08 zx10 forks are terribly harsh I've had trouble with my zx wanting to tuck at full lean not the best feeling.I have heard great things about ktech pity they don't make a rear shock for a 08 zx10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 10-07-2013, 12:44 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Blimey, that don't sound too good, what tyres and pressures are you running? that can make a huge difference to suspension set up.
post #5 of 16 Old 10-07-2013, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Lee v i run 32f 32r dunlop sportsmarts best tyre I've used going for a spin today through granya gap. lockarts gap.happy valley .towanga gap. mnt buffalo .This will mean nothing to u but to australian members these roads are some of the best of the best .A bloke told me with the sportsmarts i could go to 30 30 for road use .The 08 zx10 I'm loving it especially with the high bars awesome in the twisties. Anyway just heading out to put the leathers on have a good day.
post #6 of 16 Old 10-07-2013, 06:11 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

What springs do you have in the forks? Stock? Rear? How much do you weigh?

I did the Ohlins front cartridges and Penski rear and WOW! what a difference. Ohlins rear would probably be better. Make sure you get the springs spec'd right for you for both. From the factory they are terribly unbalanced. As long as you get the spring rates sorted, along with any valving upgrades, sag set and clickers adjusted right you will be happy with it. Will feel like a new bike.

2008 ZX-10R | Black | Arrow Headers | AreaP Slip-on CF | K&N Filter |GUTS ECU Flash By Guhl Motors | Block-Off Plates | Fender Eliminator | Clear Alternatives Integrated Taillight | Rifleman's 1/5th Throttle Insert | Speedohealer | Pro-Grip 719s | Vortex Bar Ends | Puig Z DB Windscreen | CBR1000 Mirrors | Vortex 520 Sprockets -1/+1 | RK Gold 520 Chain | Galfer SS Lines | Pazzo Shorty Levers | Vortex Gas Cap | Rebuilt Damper | Lightech Rearsets | Much More To Come
post #7 of 16 Old 10-07-2013, 08:21 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

This might help persuade you. Ohlins is running a sale on fork piston kits, here in the states they're almost $100 off.

Stupidity and Motivation are a dangerous combination

Velocity Calibrations
post #8 of 16 Old 10-07-2013, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BratNetwork View Post
What springs do you have in the forks? Stock? Rear? How much do you weigh?

I did the Ohlins front cartridges and Penski rear and WOW! what a difference. Ohlins rear would probably be better. Make sure you get the springs spec'd right for you for both. From the factory they are terribly unbalanced. As long as you get the spring rates sorted, along with any valving upgrades, sag set and clickers adjusted right you will be happy with it. Will feel like a new bike.
All stock standard front and rear and i weigh 95kgs with leathers on . The zx is mainly for fast road I've had my eye on a elka rear shock from the states only 870 delivered or a penske. The ttx is just a bit to much as i could get the forks done and buy a penske or elka for less than the ttx+for road riding i wouldn't be able to tell the difference.I would probably rather do that then pump $ into the stock rear as set up for me would cost me around the 400.500 mark .I am going to do the forks first and make a decision on the rear later. ktech or ohlins for the forks i need help to make this decision .Cheers everyone for the input
post #9 of 16 Old 10-07-2013, 10:45 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to smalls23
shakey check this thread. You should be close on weight so you may be able to get some great parts.
It seems like gobig may have some parts you could use.

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=173945

Last edited by smalls23; 10-07-2013 at 10:48 PM.
post #10 of 16 Old 10-08-2013, 02:11 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Cheers smalls23 i will check it out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in