Seller Ridersdiscount .........saddlemen seat issue. - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 80 Old 10-21-2012, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Ridersdiscount .........saddlemen seat issue.

I purchased a Saddlemen Chicane seat which is new in their line up from ridersdiscount ($245USD posted) (got the seat on the 13/7/12). I had a problem with the seat two weeks in when I noticed it started to crack my gen4 tank fairing. The seat has bumpers on the bottom which didn't sit properly on the bike which made the seat move. I contacted ridersdiscount about the problem who put me onto saddlemen. I took pictures of EVERYTHING, measurements of comparing rubber bumpers on the seat, picture of the front bumper angled because it didn't sit right. Eventually saddlemen say they'll take a look at the seat and let me know what happens.

Seat is returned to Saddlemen at my cost ($72.50AUD - posted on 11/9/12), as soon as it received they ignored all my emails. I kept hassling them and no answer, eventually Kara from ridersdiscount contacted. Eventually she gets an answer saying they took photos and video of the seat not fitting and said I installed the seat incorrectly to make the tank fairings crack (1/10/12). If anyone has installed a saddlemen seat on their gen4 you would know it's impossible to install it incorrectly as the holes for the saddlemen seat have a very tight tolerance and you can't slide the seat in the horizontal plane after the bolts are in.

I have emailed Kara for images and the video but they REFUSE to get the information for me and are standing by saddlemen. Which is bull when they haven't provided any proof at all?!?!? And I have done everything that is required of me.

I have lost out, $245USD on a saddlemen chicane seat which I doubt has been posted, $72.50AUD for my postage back to saddlemen, $250+ on tank fairings (misc parts for it) with ridersdicsount not wanting to own up to any of the responsibility. If they are not willing to at least ask for the proof of the images or video how can they just assume that the seat was fine?!?!? I have proof which is worth jackshit compared to no proof?!?!?

Here are the few last emails from Kara (ridersdiscount) and me,

Again my apologies as we are only able to stand behind the conclusions of the manufacturer of the seat. I have sent them these emails so that they can see your frustration. They have informed me that they have already sent the seat back to you so you should be receiving it shortly. I will contact them today to see if I can get tracking information.

Thank you,

Kara Knaack
Customer Service Manager | Riders Discount

866.931.6644 x823 | www.RidersDiscount.com

Deal of the Day

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Ben <[email protected]> wrote:

You cannot install this seat incorrectly. There is 2 bolts that hold it down and cannot be placed anywhere else, they holes have a tight tolerance which doesnít allow the seat to move in any direction. There is only one way you can install this seat, you canít install it upside down, backwards, etc. If you believe saddlemen that the seat was installed incorrectly you must be stupid. You know you canít install the seat incorrectly, it is impossible, hiding behind that excuse is weak.

Forwarding emails does ABSOLUTELY nothing, as they donít reply.

If this matter doesnít get resolved soon, all my emails will be posted on different forums and reviews on this seat. I donít think itís possible that anyone could find me in the wrong in this matter. I am basically left with nothing and over $500AUD+ (No seat, postage, tank fairings with fittings) out of pocket and almost resorting to desperate measures.

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:18 AM
To: Ben
Cc: jerry
Subject: Re: Rear cover for Order # 602039

Thank you for your email Ben and I've forwarded your email to Saddlemen. I know that apologizing on my end does not help the situation however we (Riders Discount) can not make the call if the seat was installed improperly or if it is on Saddlemen. Unfortunately we can not make these conclusions and only the manufacturer can. I apologize for this again however at this time, there is nothing else Riders Discount can do for you. I've asked someone to get in touch with you from Saddlemen so please be looking for their message.

Thank you,

Kara Knaack
Customer Service Manager | Riders Discount

866.931.6644 x823 | www.RidersDiscount.com

Deal of the Day

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Ben <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Kara,

It has been another week any nothing is happening... SURPRISE SURPRISE....

Can you ask why saddlemen wonít contact me directly? You know why they donít contact me right... Itís because they know their seat is stuffed and palming me off. Surely you would have to take some of the responsibility as you guys sold it to me? It isnít fair just taking their word for it, how come you guys arenít demanding any proof and just taking their word for it. Police donít just take peoples word for it when someone is accuse of robbing a bank, they find evidence?! I have done EVERYTHING right in this matter, provided proof of all images required of me, measured contact points, paid for my own postage back to have the seat inspected and you guys are telling me unlucky even though they have ZERO proof of anything, just because they ďsaid so.Ē

You canít just get off by saying ďthis is out of my handsĒ you are responsible for selling this product. I have been EXTREMELY PATIENT in the matter considering it has gone on since the end of July. You guys are donít seem to care what happens to me now considering you have your money, saddlemen has their money and Iím with NO MONEY, NO SEAT and CRACKED TANK FAIRINGS.

Apologies arenít going to give me any compensation back...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 Old 10-21-2012, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Images and PROOF.

Cracked fairing, notice the gap isn't very big (looks like the paint in just cracked)

Me pushing with my thumb (I weigh 80kgs, which is more weight than what I can press with 1 hand)

right tank fairing, (crack is appearing in the centre part of the image)

Seat comparison, notice the front bumper distance.

Most evident picture, left and right bumper is slightly angled because the gap distance is too small which is when it isn't sitting correctly and has deformed over 2 weeks of riding.

Picture of stock seat compared to saddlemen seat,

Pressing down with stock seat, doesnt touch tank fairing

I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of hate from this because everyone LOVES ridersdiscount, I have purchased many things from them before but in this circumstance you have to understand where I am coming from with 3months and no solution. I have no seat, no money, cracked tank fairings and pretty much nothing to lose now...

Last edited by Icey_Cold; 10-21-2012 at 08:46 AM.
post #3 of 80 Old 10-21-2012, 08:51 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

that mounting situation does not look good at all on that saddlemen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 80 Old 10-21-2012, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

If I see any images or video as of now I'm assuming they have just got a different seat. Saddlemen said to Kara images and video were taking prior to 1st of October, they have had 3 to contact me and show me the evidence. (I have email confirming Kara said this).

seat was received on the 19th of September. Tracking EQ017705211AU (Australia Post - http://auspost.com.au/track/)
post #5 of 80 Old 10-21-2012, 10:09 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I don't see this as Riders Discounts problem, they didn't make the seat and are only the vender. This is Saddlemans problem and you should be taking it up with them. Riders Discount is doing what they're supposed to do by acting as the go between. The only thing Riders Discount could do is refund you for just the seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjeR View Post
I'm glad I'm a stripper, the money keeps coming in! lol
post #6 of 80 Old 10-21-2012, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

@quick10, Saddlemen will only talk to ridersdiscount. ridersdiscount are saying,

"we are only able to stand behind the conclusions of the manufacturer of the seat".

With no proof shown to ridersdiscount even though saddlemen said they have a video and images.

"I apologize for this again however at this time, there is nothing else Riders Discount can do for you"

How can I not blame ridersdiscount if they are supporting a business who aren't will to provide any evidence and push me off to the side even though I have provided all images that I was asked from saddlemen? ridersdiscount will not refund me anything because saddlemen said I installed the seat incorrectly, so it was my fault. ridersdiscount won't take any responsibility, how is that fair considering the circumstance?

"no evidence, no images, ahhh that's fine, we'll just take saddlemens word that he installed the seat wrong."

Last edited by Icey_Cold; 10-21-2012 at 10:28 AM.
post #7 of 80 Old 10-21-2012, 10:31 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Ask them to prove that you installed it wrong. If that's the position they want to take.

Quote:
post #8 of 80 Old 10-21-2012, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

I have asked for proof almost every email but I don't get any replys from saddlemen and ridersdiscount haven't gotten me any proof.

Hence why I'm so annoyed.

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 1:36 PM, jerry <[email protected]> wrote:

Good Morning Kara,

I have been out of the office for a few weeks , But I do have some information regarding Ben $%#, Our staff has gone to the dealer to do a fitment on 0810-K037 and they did a video with pictures and it looks like the customer installed the seat improperly which caused the damaged to his bike. I will have the video and the pictures for you shortly so you can view the images. Thanks

Jerry Beaty

Tech Support / Custom seats

17801 S. Susana Road

Rancho Dominguez, Ca 90221

800-397-7709 ext 202

http://www.saddlemen.com

See us on facebook www.facebook.com/saddlemen
post #9 of 80 Old 10-21-2012, 10:56 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I sent an email expressing my disapproval of this to both companies with links to both of your threads

Quote:
post #10 of 80 Old 10-21-2012, 11:13 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I just posted a link to this on Saddlemen's facebook page. I'm sure they will take it down.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in