Seller DixonCiderBut LIED ABOUT EVERYTHING - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 Old 04-02-2013, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Thumbs down DixonCiderBut LIED ABOUT EVERYTHING

I bought this guys bike, and I knew I should have walked away from it.

When I came to see the bike, it was missing all the fairings, I had no problem of that. I have put several bikes together in the past and had no issues.

We talked, and he said just dropped the bike in his driveway or something and thats why he sold all the carbon body work.

No problem.

WHen I was looking at the bike, he had the gas tank painted black, he said he wanted it black to be a closer match to his Carbon Fiber Bike. Well, there were a lot of sanding marks on the frame and his excuse was "WHen I was sanding the tank I went into the frame"

The tank was painted black because it was filled for the dent, along with the frame.

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115802

This guy filled that huge dent in the frame with Bondo

What a joke.... Cant trust anybody with anything, who the goes out there way to fill a damn dent like that. CMON man.

Last edited by mr jdm; 04-02-2013 at 02:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 Old 04-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Well that was a lie.
He bought a bike in pieces sold as is no warranty we worked out a price and he saw the bike on two different days. I also removed every aftermarket part for him.

He called me off craigslist as the bike was not for sale on the forum.

The frame had a dent (size of a quarter) from a handle bar and was bondo-ed sanded and painted satin black.
He said he wasn't worried about it.

It is what it is he could of walked away at anytime. Now I'm being harassed online and by text saying he's going to file a law suit for fraudulent misrepresentation. Over a used bike that he new was on its side and had sold as is and no warranty needs work all over the ad .

For what its worth I'm sorry you didn't get a perfect showroom bike. But that's not what I was selling it as.

I hope you the best of luck. But this childish stuff needs to stop you bought the bike a month ago.

post #3 of 54 Old 04-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

BTW that thread you linked was a year old I kept it another year after that thread

And the title lied about everything is a pretty bold statement seeing as you counted the cash and came to meet me and pick it.

Last edited by DixonCiderBuT; 04-25-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 Old 04-25-2013, 02:49 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Dude IDK about this one. I mean, if you knew you shouldnt have bought it, always go with your gut. But also if you knew it had been wrecked and bought it then i dont see how he's at fault. As soon as i see rattle can paint job or aftermarket plastics i know right away its been down or something has happened. And when someone says "WHen I was sanding the tank I went into the frame", after i got done laughing i thought 'Who sands a piece while its on the bike?' lol. That alone would be enough to make me wanna run, not walk, away from that bike. Were the rearsets or anything else also painted while on the bike? lol. Thats like painting a frame without taking anything off the bike. Lots of times i can spot a shitty Bondo job a mile away too. Anytime someone says "aww it just got dropped in the driveway" ive heard that enough times to know to investigate much further and that people say that all the time. I woulda nit picked it at that point. Anyway no sense in me continuing this - your first sentence says it all man. If something doesnt feel right, dont go with it. Im sorry. Hate if that comes off shitty to either of you, i really am trying to be unbiased here.
ShervinRRR likes this.

Live Til You Die - QOTSA

We will all die but only a select few of us will ever truly live.

We all will feed the worms and tree's so dont be shy
- QOTSA
post #5 of 54 Old 04-25-2013, 05:26 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Yep, sorry to rain on your parade man but when you buy something used, you buy it as is. and when you sell things used, you embellish details about its history. its just fact. if i dropped my bike doing 80 i would say 50. i wouldnt flat out lie about stuff if asked, and if my bike had any major problems i would disclose them. but i wouldnt tell the guy every single little thing that was fixed or could be wrong with it. if you saw a painted tank and frame, and you had a feeling and you didnt stick with your feeling, dont come on here and blast people about your decision. i wanted to side with you cause i hate reading about people getting ripped off, or the dishonest people out there. i bought a quad 4 months ago. specifically asked if it leaked oil. he said no. i cam to find out the oil plug was jb welded in and painted black. so it cracked apart first oil change. so no it didnt leak then. but it does now. i was mad. but calling him up and whining was the last thing on my to do list. whats done is done.

edit. and no lie. just thought of my buddy selling his beater in grade 12. some man came to his place to get it. and i swear to god, it blew up at the end of his driveway. no lie. serious! he came back we watched him walk down. and asked if he could use our phone to call his buddy for a tow. thats the attitude you should have!

07 ZX10R - Full BEET exhaust, Attack rear sets, ASV levers, PC3, Speedo healer, GIPRO /w ATRE, -1+2 Vortex sprockets /w 525 DID gold chain, Rifleman 1/5 throttle conversion, K&N Air/Oil filters, Nissin ZX14 calipers, Goodridge front and rear steel braided black lines, Driven D3 Gas Cap, TechSpec grip pads, HID dual lights, Smoked signals and tail light, Zero Gravity smoke windscreen, Corbin seat, Grips, Bar ends, Fender eliminator, Servo eliminator, Secondary butterflies removed. etc... $$
post #6 of 54 Old 04-25-2013, 06:17 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Counter claim for slander

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #7 of 54 Old 04-27-2013, 05:25 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I was never expecting a showroom bike.

When I asked you about the marks on the frame your response was

"I sanded into it while I was prepping the gas tank"

In ever saw your other pictures of after you crashed until after I bought your bike and I was completeley ok with the condition of the bike, but if I had known there was a dent that size in the frame that you filled with bondo

I wouldnt have bought it.

Instead of saying " I filled a dent" I got " I sanded it on accident"
post #8 of 54 Old 04-27-2013, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixonCiderBuT View Post
Well that was a lie.
The frame had a dent (size of a quarter) from a handle bar and was bondo-ed sanded and painted satin black.
He said he wasn't worried about it.
Look at you go, you never once told me there was a dent when I was looking at the bike, thats what you lied about.

So what if I bought it of CL, what you saying your "honest" on the zx10r.net but a scumbag on CL???

EDIT: Everybody, I want to be clear, I do not regret buying it, and I am still happy with. I just would have walked away from it had I known there was a dent that size.

I only posted this on the forum to his character, nothing more nothing less.
ShervinRRR likes this.
post #9 of 54 Old 04-29-2013, 09:20 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

To the OP, i would agree. If i was buying i would want the seller to disclose something flawed with the frame. Thats nothing to fart around with. Def. shady. Then again, so is sanding a tank while on the bike. LMMFAO!

Live Til You Die - QOTSA

We will all die but only a select few of us will ever truly live.

We all will feed the worms and tree's so dont be shy
- QOTSA
post #10 of 54 Old 04-29-2013, 07:44 PM
back to car scene

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capncalyx View Post
To the OP, i would agree. If i was buying i would want the seller to disclose something flawed with the frame. Thats nothing to fart around with. Def. shady. Then again, so is sanding a tank while on the bike. LMMFAO!

true story!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in