Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Another ******** fix

3K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  MAVRIK 
#1 ·
We've all either heard of or experienced loose/ lost bolts. I stepped it up a notch. Some how during my last ride I managed to lose one of the rubber grommets that hold the under seat panel. Quick fix that may become perminent: I put a 1/4 inch vacuum cap on the plastic "point". Then pushed it into the grommet hole. Very snug fit.

#2 ·
pics?

#3 ·
miykl said:
We've all either heard of or experienced loose/ lost bolts. I stepped it up a notch. Some how during my last ride I managed to lose one of the rubber grommets that hold the under seat panel. Quick fix that may become perminent: I put a 1/4 inch vacuum cap on the plastic "point". Then pushed it into the grommet hole. Very snug fit.
i lost one and got a new one and evidently didnt get it just right and it was gone again.....thanks for the tip, ill try that

#5 ·
im not good with imagination

#13 ·
Big Daddy said:
no you cannot, but you can try securing the grommet with something like ATV silicone or supa glue or wad eva you can think of.

BD
I tried silicone adhesive. Didn't stick. I might not have prepped well or something, but didn't work for me.

Don't be jealous b/c we **** asses have the best fixes! This one was just pure genius! I'm quite proud! LOL

#19 ·
I have a question completely unrelated to the topic at hand, but curiosity has been aroused.

What the F is a "********"? I've seen the term used a couple of times. I have no idea what is meant by it.

It must be a regional US thing ...

#22 ·
GoFaster said:
I have a question completely unrelated to the topic at hand, but curiosity has been aroused.

What the F is a "********"? I've seen the term used a couple of times. I have no idea what is meant by it.

It must be a regional US thing ...

Yep, it's a regional thing. ******* is a regional reference to Americans of french descent, or "Cajuns".

#23 ·
Got dem some Cajuns in Canada too. (Acadians) Don't know if they can can be **** asses though. Gotta have white rubber boots turned upside down stuck between the cab and bed of a pick up truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.