Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Finally Stretched My Bike!

2K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  codyc_13 
#1 ·
Will this work?

:crackup:

Ok, here it is……114 links 520 16/40 the chain is on the loose side but not to loose it will jump the sprocket:

Going to try to drag it hopefully soon and see if the extra length helps out. This will only be a short test of course because the chain will stretch and will have to go back to 112 links. :sad: but I think it’s going to be better, new chain, everything oiled good the back wheels spins so easy now with the new chain and sprockets and rear tire. SWB though all the way but who said I couldn't cheat a little :wink: :lol:

PS...please no advice to go with a bigger Rear Sprocket...the 16/40 is my limit for the HWY ride....It's got over 20k miles but we do 10.0s flat stock but can ride home after that on the HWY in comfort without the extra revs...that is the reason I like that gear setup..thanks

bloo

See less See more
#3 ·
you mean safety PIN?...this is not off my lift yet and didn't finish in this picture...plus you forgot to mention the adjusters have not been dialed back to safety position :heyyou::beer:

#11 ·
I never said I was all that great, I have been around this site a lot longer than you :screwy: I run about what the normal guy Runs that is 215lbs fully Suited.

Stay off my thread!!!!!!! :heyyou:

#19 ·
read the whole thread guy...It was a NO GO for 114 links back to stock..but your right if you talking about the adjusters they don't even go that far bak..no worries though for a 1/4 mile.:cool:

#25 ·
The guy with the R1 is named Rob Clay - an ex-AMA rider from the early 90's and i have seen him do it many times on his R1 (his best mph was 147.7x after slip on and gearing and strap). We also have another guy at our track with a 60" air shifted, geared, slip on red 05 R1 and it runs 146mph with a rider that is 160lbs suited (his best is 148mph).

You sound like someone with only a very few years at the dragstrip. I have been racing cycles since the 80's (off and on) and while certainly no expert but i do better than average. I call it like i see it and many people don't like it cause they can't back it up at the track. Maybe you should talk shit to Hemibusa to and call him out? My buddy suited weighs about 65lbs lighter than me - that in itself is 3-4 mph with ease right there and you have to take in the occaisional head/tail wind that is good for 1-2mph as well. If you need anymore help please let me know...LOL

#26 · (Edited)
Hemibusa always makes sense..you DON'T!!!! R1s are no joke on the strip I agree I seen a few times stock only with a guy that weighs 140lbs wet and experienced but not on a 04 R1 the newer Gen.

Then you say in stock form I should run 9.6s but you only ran 10.17s yourself not being strapped ...so your saying if you're just strapped your going to knock a Half Second off your time even though your an expert already and got the best out of the 10R from the showroom floor you will do 9.6s with those Mods? :heyyou:...maybe for rookies but you make no sense again...I may be a rookie at the track but I believe in ALL your Experience over the years It Got WASTED...you just an Idiot at the track and no Knowledge to help Anyone :headshake

#27 ·
How low do you all recommend to go when Tracking the bike? What rear lowering link do you use? I am about to keep my bike at a 3 to 4" stretch and looking for tips. When I dyno the bike stretched am I going to loose power? I would oviously imagin I would loose a little but gaining the ability of rev'n higher on launch appeals more to me

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.