Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Is this engine number an '04 or an '05? - ZX100CE021107

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  NorCal05ZX10R 
#1 ·
I bought a spare engine off ebay last year. The number stamped on it is:

ZX100CE021107

I'm hoping it is an engine assembled after the dreaded generator woes in the early 2004 engines.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
You can't tell only by the engine#, you need the vin# to be sure.
By the way your engine should be ZXT00CExxxxxx

I know for sure that from vin#20000 onwards, the model is 05',
so i guess it's a 05.

If you have the vin#, i will tell you for sure.:thumbsup:

#3 ·
I would listen to tasos, but tasos he bought the engine off ebay and can't get the Vin#, I would think at this point he would need to dis. assemble the generator and compare parts :dontknow:

#5 ·
Thanks for the responses.

If I remove the generator parts in my spare engine (the one that I'm hoping is a 2005), how can I tell if the parts are the "good" ones?

#7 ·
yeah, that should work but kind of embarrass because we always tell everyone to try a Search but even I can’t find a Thread that had actual part # differences between the 04 and 05 Generator. I think former username SCzx10r now 10speed is the one :dontknow: that did that thread so maybe PM him….sorry but I’m sure it has been posted how to tell the diff. just can’t find that Thread right now. :BangHead::helmet:

#10 ·
Thanks, guys. Great info. Just what I needed.

Believe me, I have searched a lot, and appreciate the many posts from people sharing what they know and have experienced.

Based on my searching in here, one thing I do not think has been determined yet is the answer to this question:

I've only seen a bunch of posts like, "My VIN is so-and-so and I [have/have not] had a generator problem."

#12 ·
I know my motor is 29997 and it is an 2005. I am currently looking for a 2005 motor after I got hit and runned over. the bottom of the block by the left side engine cover got cracked so I need a replacement..Anyone? I will post a new message in the forums about this...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.