Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Group buy on hyperpro 10R dampers

8K views 111 replies 28 participants last post by  Aaron[MA] 
#1 ·
Hello,I run the site www.motorcadeunl.com and I would like to offer a group buy for you guys who want the hyperpro damper.If we get five or more guys on the group buy we will be able to offer the dampers for 399.99 for the active and 329.99 for the non active.

#4 ·
I ordered mine last week, but they are still out of stock until Monday, May17th. I will cancel my order and go with the group order (for the active), it we can get this together by this Friday (May 14th).

#8 ·
SacCityZ said:
So just how good is a hyperpro?
The Muzzy is apparently a rebranded HyperPro. Both the Reactive Speed Control & Constant Speed Control are adjustable for various damping rates. the difference is the Reactive model is speed sensitive (that is, the speed of the handlebars, not the bike). Supposedly, this allows for better turning at slower speed (i.e. parking lot), but should still be effective at stopping head shake.

#12 ·
Well, I could live with these shipping costs of ~ $ 45 (I usually pay ~$ 30 depending on weight / size), imagine the fact that buying one here in Europe / Switzerland costs me ~ $ 550 - 600 :roll: and I'm not sure if that's the price for the Reactive one... would have to check it again...

#15 ·
Krazy

My main concern is that the mounting kit does not require any drilling of OEM parts! so please let me know.
If no drilling is required and this mounting kit is a bolt on affair you can add me to the list for an Active damper in black.

Isn't this particular Hyperpro damper officially named Hyperpro RSC ??

BD

#17 ·
lakeforest said:
I guess it's like

Hyperpro CSC (Constant Safety Control) for the Active

and

Hyperpro RSC (Reactive Safety Control)

Details can be foundhttp://www.hyperpro.com/products/pages_products/page_tech_info.html#damper
I believe you may have that backwards. HyperPro RSC (Reactive Speed Control) is the active damper, and HyperPro CSC (Constant Speed Control) is the non-active damper.

Damping on both can be adjusted in a wide range, divided in 22 positions. The difference is that on the active model the amount of damping force applied at any time varies depending on the movement speed of the handlebars/triple clamp (greater movement speed = greater damping force), whereas on the non-active model the damping rate is constant regardless of other conditions.

#19 ·
dnwhoop02 said:
how do these compare to Scotts? (functionally, not aesthetically)
also, where will these be shipped from? (so I know whether or not to expect sales tax, and can estimate shipping rates)
These dampers will be shipped out of Illinois.

There is no drilling required at all on the hyperpro damper

#25 ·
On friday we will close out the gp.I am going to need a phone call from all you guys at my shop for color info,shipping info and credit card info.I will update the name list tonight and I will be talking to hyperpro today again.He said the dampers may be in wed or thur.I will be able to deliver these dampers to you guys the fasteset as hyperpro is right down the road from me.

Thanks,Rich www.motorcadeunl.com

#26 ·
CDRacingZX6R said:
Krazy1 said:
Ok new running count for the gp as of 3-11-04 8:00 pm central time

1.Xusia
2.Runninhorn
3.Lakeforest
4.1bad7
5.dnwhoop02
6.BD
7.cowtownzx-10R
How long until you expect to get the damper? And how fast can you ship it out? I'm on a waiting list some where else, but if you tell me your time is gonna be faster I'm willing to sign up.
I will deliver the dampers first.Hyperpro is down the road from my store.I will ad you to the list tonight.Hopefully I will have a solid e.t. time tonight or tommorrow for you guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.