Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

!!! No Start !!

681 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  rocketracermike 
#1 ·
This could happen to you guys.

So like 2 weeks ago I was ridding to work and stopped off at 711 to get a drink to take with me. Went back out side and the bike was dead. Meaning no fuel pump no servo noise no nothing. But it would turn over and like normal and all lights worked just fine.

If your guessing its the relay box your wrong. I you look on the Service Manual under EFI 3-98 and look at the diagrahm of the circuit it shows these "Joint Connectors".

Well to make along story short after trouble shooting the hell out of my bike I found that "Joint Connector 4" has these removeable pins (shorting jumpers) inside it and when I opened it up I found that the first 2 had some corrosion on them.

Well I went to Advance Auto and bought some conntact cleaner and sprayed the hell out of all them. Plug them back in with some electrical grease.

And magically everything worked like a champ, now if you want to know where to look for these they are located on the left side of the bike wrapped up in electrical tape ( the harness ) right next to subframe and battery box.

All I got to say is holy sh*** , I am just glad I figured it out I was about to buy a new ECU till I "dreamed about it" so if this happend to you I hope this helps you guys out

Oh the Joint connector that gave me the trouble was the Blue connector

Good luck and I am back on the road :thumbsup:

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes I use a pressure washer But these joint connectors are taped inside the harness and sealed - I know I know water gets into wierd places but how come no other connector has been affected just that one plus there was no electrical grease in it either

but anyways hopes this helps out someone in the future

#6 ·
That's why I don't pressure wash my bike, I been on this site to long to know that water residue is a main cause of many problems on the 10R. As far as why only that connector it could be many reasons but most likely gravity and a open cavity was involved to create the corrosion.

#5 ·
There are quite a few of those joint connectors in the 10R harness. If you carefully remove the tape surrounding the connector, and cross referencing the connector in the wiring schematic, you can cut them off and solder all the wires together, removing them as a potential problem. Be careful as there are multiple groups of wires in some connectors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.