Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

What about a group buy for a new radial mount master cylinder

6K views 71 replies 11 participants last post by  flatout 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys anyone else want to get on with one of these?

I used one on the race bike, and damn it was sweet!

Too bad it isn't legal to race with, but it is bad A$$ for trackdays!

How about it retailers?????

#5 ·
#6 ·
Ara-mri, sure that sounds great, the only thing that might even be a concern is if it going to be able to mount the brake light switch to it. Is there a ball park figure out there? I talked to a guy who was racing a 600rr and he said he got his from this crappy dealership for like 80 - 90 bucks, but I don't think it was as big as the one you are speaking of, but his brakes were rock hard and damn did they work great.

#9 ·
Mmmmm, its certainly something i enjoyed on my 02 R1 and would surely be sweet on the 10 but seeing as how my truck tranny is on a bench i can't afford to blink. :sad:

FYI what about the MC from the 04 R1 or CBR?
BD

#11 ·
The R1 master cylinder is $128 from ron ayers but you have to order part 1, 5, 7, 8, 9...its a PITA but it can be done. You also have to call ronayers because part #5 shows unavilable but it is available. I called just to check the price on thursday...you also have to be sure the brake light sensor will work or buy the R1 switch and slice the wires. The R1 is a brembo, but not the higher end that ARA could get you.

#16 ·
you are probably looking at $260 before any discount, and you will need to buy the brake light sensor for another $18. Some places sell them for $300, but I think I saw in on MRI for that price.

#19 ·
Ya, they retail for about 260, but we can do a much better deal than that. I installed it on my R6 along with some new pads, and the braking is absolutely phenomenal now. Night and day difference in both brake feel, and stopping power.

later...Ara-mri

#24 ·
Just and FYI, but I talked to Jim from trackaholics and he installed the brembo on his 636 and said it wasn't much of a difference (not worth it), but the WAVE rotors made a HUGE difference in feel (fully floating). Not to take business away, but ARA will make more on selling the wave rotors anyways. Dont shoot the messenger because the wave rotors are $490 for a pair without pads.

#26 ·
BNninja said:
Just and FYI, but I talked to Jim from trackaholics and he installed the brembo on his 636 and said it wasn't much of a difference (not worth it), but the WAVE rotors made a HUGE difference in feel (fully floating). Not to take business away, but ARA will make more on selling the wave rotors anyways. Dont shoot the messenger because the wave rotors are $490 for a pair without pads.
Uhh your looking at the wrong shops then if there without pads for that price

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.