Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Aim MXK10 and Woolich?

15K views 40 replies 10 participants last post by  g-man 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Haha, it came out a week ago brother! Mines on order and won't be here till the week of the 10th sometime. I don't see why it wouldn't work with Woolich, are you referring to the Race Dash setup? Beyond that, the dash info is the same no matter what flash you've got.

#5 ·
It does come with the GPS and it's ready to go as a datalogger/laptimer. The additional sensors will require the data hub because there's only one USB port in the back for information. I.e, if you get the Lambda, you would have to unplug the GPS to use it (without the extra data ports).

As for the "maps", its just another word for modes. Each power mode or TC mode is technically a map just like any other but they are called something different apparently.

#7 ·
Correct. The Fuel Map(s) are not something you can change from the dash unless you make changes to the Power Modes (maps). Then you can only have a maximum of three loaded fuel maps that are switchable from the LH handlebar.

#8 · (Edited)
The USB port on the back is a computer connection (if you can't use WiFi). The other port (called EXT) is for the expansion hub, which is a separate product (~$300) and it gives you 4 ports that you can use for suspension potentiometers and brake pressure sensor(s) (yes, rear brake too, if you're so fancy). Sensors are also extra (~$150-250 each). The dash will work with Woolich-flashed ECU just fine, as it doesn't really care what happened to the ECU. All your OEM buttons will be able to control the dash--which is why this dash is so great. There are other similar AIM dashes but if you use them, you loose the ability to change maps or engine braking levels. So you're stuck on a single setting. Also, to mount the potentiomenters to the bike, you'll need a bracket kit, which Graves has for $400 (I know, a bit much) or you make your own. You'll also need custom brake line(s) for the brake pressure sensor with the T-out for the sensor.

In general, the dash offers a lot of other little benefits. The ambient light sensor adjusts dash brightness, which is something I've been annoyed with with OEM dash. Not that I look at my dash much while I race, I do run a camera that has the dash in its view and it's often times hard to see what's going on when it's too light or too dark.

I like the idea of having lap times, and especially predicted lap times more in line of sight. As opposed to having to glance down at my current Aim Solo unit. That extra microsecond of attention away from the path ahead could mean the difference between having a beer and going home in one piece or getting air-lifted in an ambulance.

I've also spoken to the folks at AIM and they said that using AIM Race Studio 3, you can design your own dash layout using the existing icons available, which I thought is brilliant. So for example, I don't want to have ABS icon on my RACE mode dash screen but I do want to have extra data points like coolant temperature (which isn't on the default race screen for some reason). So ya, I really can't find any faults with it or anything else I might want--which is something I can't say very often about electronics.

All of this is in theory, of course based on my research. Once I use the dash, I'll have more objective feedback.

All in all, you're looking at about $3000-ish for a fairly comprehensive data logging setup--or $1145 if you're just getting the dash--or whatever cost in between if you're getting partial set of sensors.

#14 ·
Mine got delivered today...>:) but alas, I won’t be riding the ZX until the weekend of the 21st at the earliest.

Reactions: JayBoCC2
#20 ·
Yes, here is mine all hooked up (garage is dark). Look at the bottom center, you'll see the Odometer.

Reactions: LossPrev
#22 ·
I had mine fitted last week at Derby Kawasaki and my bike is running Woolich Race Tools and it works fine with the Pit lane limiter etc. , the only draw back I can see is the bikes mileage is set back to Zero , I have contacted AIM about this to see if I can change it and they are' getting back to me '..

#23 ·
Yes, I too noticed this issue, as it applies to both track and street bikes. I sent this feedback to them as well along with a few other points specifically relate to race bike use. I was told that they have collected a lot of feedback already and are working on new firmware version(s). It seems like they were eager to get the product out on the market and will be following up with software udpates over the foreseeable future to get it right. I absolutely love the thing and I think this is what zx10r has been missing.

#28 ·
This looks beautiful. Congrats to the chaps who got it. My only pain point is spending $1100 on something which is purely cosmetic considering my usage. No arguments around it making the bike look way more up-to-date considering what the rest of the litre brigade sports.

#29 ·
There’s a lot more to this dash than a simple cosmetic upgrade. The laptimer/lap counter in the dash is one very small part of some features that swayed me to buy one.

Then there’s the expansion of data inputs that my AiM Solo 2 DL wasn’t able to do. That is huge for me and my future plans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.