Kawasaki ZX-10R.net - View Single Post - Gen 3: 2008-2010 Buying Back My Totaled Bike
Thread: Gen 3: 2008-2010 Buying Back My Totaled Bike
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 05-09-2019, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Disney Hook
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Oh NO! Fixed the fuelpump issue, but another set back! :'(
Bike runes fine now, but while I was waiting for the new fuel pump to be delivered... the tank had leaked. I foolishly left it upside down in a bucket, so I could leave the fuel pump assembly off the tank. It didn't leak at first so I figured it'd be fine. It eventually leaked and filled the bucket with fuel, stripping off all my stickers and most of the paint D:

Oh well. Had to wire wheel it clean again and starting over with paint. It's just spray paint and clear so only ~$10 in the hole... just quite a bit of time.

As far as legal issues... what a HEADACHE out here in California! $300 just for the DMV fee's because it's a salvage rebuild. And I have to pay $62 for a joke of an inspection to "prove" my brake and lights work on top of that. Nobody in a reasonable distance from me even offered the inspection for motorcycles, so I have to fill out a "statement of facts" form as an alternative. It took me 8+ shops to even find one willing to complete the form, because they didn't know about the form and suspected I was trying to be fradulent. Finally talked one in to doing it though, had to show them DMV legislation.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome