Kawasaki ZX-10R.net - View Single Post - Gen 5: 2016- 2016 Superstock Build (WERA Legal)
Thread: Gen 5: 2016- 2016 Superstock Build (WERA Legal)
View Single Post
post #251 of Old 05-06-2019, 07:26 PM
peterd10r
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonmarine View Post
So, I got my first ride on the new setup out of the way! Very pleased overall with the bike, it's a complete package now. My riding...could use some work. I was stiff and nervous everywhere and wasn't until the middle of the second day that I got into a little bit of a groove. Since this was a severely abrasive track, I used a cheap (new) SCX Pirelli rear that I picked up for about $100 less than they go for.

Had rear grip issues both days but was able to get a baseline assessment of the bike and the suspension/electronic settings. Looking at the data, I was spinning immediately after opening the throttle, even as low as 2% TPS. There were many factors to that, tire compound choice, aggressive gearing (16/42) and the poor condition of the tarmac. I've never worn out the middle of tire at the same rate as the edge, but that's what happened. This motor is super strong, yet very smooth. The ETV maps that KWS loaded from their 2 years racing experience with the ZX10 were money!

I ordered a set of rear sprockets to bring the gearing back down to earth a bit. 39 and 41 rear to match the 16 and 17 fronts I already have. This should help make the spin more manageable and I can focus the suspension side of things.

Up next is Roabling Road Raceway on the 17th of May. Hopefully it stays dry so I can get more data and continue to refine the settings.

That's a great photo Neo luv it

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome