Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

your thoughts about puig spoiler

5K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  TurboR1 
#1 ·
What are your thoughts about it????

I find it cosmetic unless a racer or a test says otherwise..

#2 ·
I like them.. granted these are probably to flimsy to actually give you any aero benefits but we all have seen how crucial they have become in racing series so its definitely the future. You're going to see them on all homologation bikes pretty soon with how dominate Ducati has been in wsbk.

#5 ·
They are definitely used to keep front end down but if you are racing I am fairly certain they are not legal. At least at club level Superstock rules. Not sure if they are legal in Superbike either... Probably a decent upgrade for a drag racer though...

If anything else, it at least makes the bike look faster!

#9 ·
Haha, I'm making up for it by going for Sat/Sun this coming weekend! My goal is to be 1:04's for 10 laps straight....>:) Cause I know I drop 1-2 sec in a race from past history.

Reactions: wheelz96
#14 ·
Those would be a big no for me. Why? Since they would have a negative effect on wheelies and wheelies are the best!

Reactions: evilaugust
#15 ·
On a MotoGP bike, with about 300HP on tap and piloted by the best riders on the planet, I'm sure winglets assist getting the last 1/100th out of a bike.

On a street bike, or even a club race bike, with 200HP (if you're lucky) and piloted by the average rider at no where near the limit of the bike they are nothing but an accessory.

And being a Puig product would be cheap flimsy plastic garbage made at a 400% profit margin. Not to mention they are tacky as shit. Putting those particular winglets on your bike for the street is a bit like bedazzling a Hugo Boss suit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.