Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Gen 5 GP shift issue

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  wes 
#1 ·
So my ECU has been flashed for a while with auto blip enabled. However, I just sent my ECU back out for another flash to smooth out the throttle but also have GP shift enabled. I converted my rearsets (Vortex) linkage over to GP. I just reinstalled the ECU today and now the quickshifter and autoblipper are not working. The quickshifter is enabled through dash. The bike will shift through the gears up and down but only with clutch.

Did I do something wrong or is my ecu still thinking it's in standard shift mode? I sent out ECU for GP shift and smoother throttle. Is there something I can do? I do not have woolich software.

#2 ·
Your shifter needs to match the polarization of the sensor. At first you had the shift arm setup one way, then made a mechanical change without getting the ECU reversed too. Send the ECU back and have them flip the sensor in the system

Reactions: michael4012
#3 ·
Thats why I sent out my ECU... to enable GP shift.

Is this what your saying I need to do? This is exactly what I did. Schnitz racing told me he activated GP shift and revised the throttle settings.

I made the mechanical change while waiting for ECU to come back. Maybe they forgot to enable GP?

#8 ·
Im going to see if I can flip the sensor. It is bulky but looks like I have enough wire to flip. If not then back out the ECU goes. Basically would I have them flash ECU back to standard shift pattern while keeping Vortex 2.0 rearsets set up for GP?

Thanks for the help man this is all making sense as I continue researching. Wish I would have realized how the design worked before I sent out ecu lol.. However, the throtte has smoothed out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.