Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Willow Springs MTC Track Day report 7/25/06

702 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  KaTooM 
#1 · (Edited)
Well that was my first crack day with the 10...could have been worse..
up at 6.30, my buddy ('06 R 1)shows up 1 hr late...loading the bikes, hitting north...and I almost dumped the 10 on the 5 fwy(not tight enough and 1 strap bailed out...).we finally arrive at Willow@11.30, missing all (the relatively cool)morning sessions.
That desert heat was a killer: 110 in the pits area around 2 pm and someone had a infared temp reader, the ground outside the hartman garage was 139 f.
I did only 2 sessions, probably 12 laps total and on the 2nd one was a couple of mn from a heat stroke (new leathers don't help..).
Track was in poor condition: due to last week/end heavy rains, dust remaining in turns 2,5 and 9....
Bike was running good, running Supercorsas SC1 front and rear and pulling 16x40.
Overall, smoothly run by MTC, thanks for the water and Gatorade on da house
I'll post some pix manana.
Next day @the track: Fontucky this sat. 29th

#2 ·
sounds like a good time none the less. cant wait for the picts

#3 · (Edited)
Felix, glad to hear it wasn't too bad. The way you described it, I'm starting to think that working today wasn't that bad :lol: Man, you arrived at the track just before lunch heh? I would've been burning up too, did anybody crash...hope not. Are you doing the Fasttrack day @ Fontana? If so, looks like a fun course, it's just a grip of cash for a trackday & no included lunch or drinks ($259) :eyecrazy:

#5 ·
Yep. Fontana at $ 259.00 a pop....BUT the track is awesome, it's the shortest drive for me (50 mi.), you get free garages and power, don't have to struggle with the focking canopy flying away like @Willow.
I'll be there saturday (early for a f.... change) and I'll pit with Katoom :mrgreen:

#7 ·
Willow Springs Pix.

Some shots from yesterday, sorry guys no kneedragging, sliding the rear stuff..next time :thumbsup:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.