Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Hello from New Hampshire

539 views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  Mitter714 
#1 ·
Hello all. I'll start by saying that I have been riding harleys for about ten years now. Grew up in that "gotta look and be the biggest bad ass in town" mentality. Finally I awoke one morning and said F***K this I am sick of the drama and UGLY B**CHES that go along with these UGLY SLOW PIECES OF S**T. So for the last year I have gotten rid of all the useless drunk harley friends that I had and got into riding the BADDEST Machine on the PLANET. After spending alot of time researching magazines, reading reviews, talking to people at my local stealership, and reading THIS site, I came to my senses and bought an 06' 10. I could not be happier!!! This thing is awsome. I had to have a smile-ectamy the second or third day I owned this thing. Now when I see any of the poser hardasses that I used to ride with..I lift the front wheel in the air, blow'm a big :fu2: ,and pour on the power. Sorry for the rant but I am so amazed with this thing I can't help but smile a mile when I get on her. Compared to my zero to sixty in 3.4 minute harley this thing rocks!!!! I WILL NEVER GO BACK!!!

#8 ·
ghost666 said:
:welcome: Used to ride a Harley huh?:headshake
ya, i now wish i hadnt wasted my time and money over the last ten years riding a harley. a kid i went to highschool with got killed on his 900rr two days after we graduated. so back then i didn't want anything to do with this type of bike. i was to stupid to realize it was rider and not bike. so loud and quick was ok with me then. i rode my cousins r1 at the end of last season for a day, after that i was hooked and had to have a liter bike. and i am very happy i bought this one.

i do have a ques. though, i am assuming that there is a lot more maint that go along with these. what are a few of the things i should be looking for when i do do the maint? other than fluids, chain tightness, loose nuts, tire pressure. am i missing anything? harleys are easy. just ride it. when it breaks, fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.