Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Vp C10

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  madkaw 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows abou the the horsepower gains you can get from C10 with a power commander and a custom map. Also does anyone know what the cost is for it? Thanks

#2 ·
TC24 said:
Just wondering if anyone knows abou the the horsepower gains you can get from C10 with a power commander and a custom map. Also does anyone know what the cost is for it? Thanks
You won't gain anything from running C10 in your bike. It's a non-oxygenated race fuel, which won't help you a bit, and could possibly cost a few HP.

Look into some of the oxygenated fuels from VP if you're looking to pick up a few HP by playing with fuel. U4 and MR9 are a couple of popular choices.

#5 ·
TC24 said:
If you have a good pump gas map save it, you will probably need it after you get tired of the exspense and inconvinience of using fuel you have to bring to your bike via car or truck. The oxegenated fuels seem to have the most potential; they are carrying their own "air" with them. If i remember correctly, richening your map gets more "boosted" fuel in the motor-giving you the zip your looking for.

#6 ·
the lead will shorten the life of the spark plugs somewhat, and the lead exhaust residue will leave whatever it comes in contact with dry, and vulnerable to corrossion. If this is an issue for you, add approx. 3oz of yamalubeR 2cycle racing oil, to every 4gals of fuel. This will help to offset the negative properties of the lead.

#7 ·
You can possibly gain 10 hp with mr9 and a good map...but its 25 a gallon.

OH it smells so good though!

#11 ·
I run C12 or red in my CR250 but it's been ported and decked so it's running some high compression as well...High octane gas can actually hurt performance and is mainly to prevent detonation...

Oxygenated fuel on the other hand can give you a bit of a boost.

#13 ·
hillcountry10r said:
You can possibly gain 10 hp with mr9 and a good map...but its 25 a gallon.

OH it smells so good though!
Actually more like 14 or 15 ponies from the mr9, u4 is about 8 or 9. It can be had aroung here for about 18 a gallon. Have seen 14 with my own eyes on a 05'zx-10.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.