Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

$1 per cc, Im back in the game! Pics inside

Gen 3: 2008-10 
2K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Dirty Ninja 
#1 ·
Hello everyone :) This is my 4th bike and 1st liter bike and hope to learn. Previously owned a 05 600rr, 07 GSXR 750, and a 72 Honda CL350 (project bike)

Long story short, a guy at work was having issues with his 08 zx10r holding a charge. He told me to take it off his hands for $1000 and so I did. Bike has been Sitting on his porch for 2 years uncovered although we do live in Texas so its not too bad.

I noticed that these bikes have some serious issues with the stator and R/R so I plan on replacing those along with a new battery.

The Bad:
-Its been Dropped a few times so it does have scratches
-Front brake light switch doesn't work
-The bike wont hold a charge
-Factory turn signal were ripped off and didn't work (replaced with ebay fender eliminator)

The Good:
-I got the damn thing for $1000!!!!!!!!:grin2:

It did shine up pretty nice. I plan on claying/buffing/waxing it once it is running 100%

I removed the sticker and tank pad

Thank for looking

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello everyone :) This is my 4th bike and 1st liter bike and hope to learn. Previously owned a 05 600rr, 07 GSXR 750, and a 72 Honda CL350 (project bike)

Long story short, a guy at work was having issues with his 08 zx10r holding a charge. He told me to take it off his hands for $1000 and so I did. Bike has been Sitting on his porch for 2 years uncovered although we do live in Texas so its not too bad.

I noticed that these bikes have some serious issues with the stator and R/R so I plan on replacing those along with a new battery.

The Bad:
-Its been Dropped a few times so it does have scratches
-Front brake light switch doesn't work
-The bike wont hold a charge
-Factory turn signal were ripped off and didn't work (replaced with ebay fender eliminator)

The Good:
-I got the damn thing for $1000!!!!!!!!:grin2:

It did shine up pretty nice. I plan on claying/buffing/waxing it once it is running 100%
With some TLC and a few $$ it'll be a sweet ride.:thumbsup:

BD

#15 ·
I completely agree, the headlights and front nose are pretty ugly to me.

I wouldn't have choose blue either but I don't hate it.

I'll make sure to look into the parasitic draw test, thanks

I fixed the title for ya (ninja mod edit). Congrats on the bike! $1000 is a steal for sure
Awesome! !! Thanks

I went with rmstator.Com

Worked like a champ, and Gen 2's are notorious for those going bad...
Awesome bike btw, what a steal!
I was able to pick up an new oem stator for $100, hopefully it last a while

As far as the regulator/rectifer, what brand do most people go with?

#14 ·
I went with rmstator.Com

Worked like a champ, and Gen 2's are notorious for those going bad...
Awesome bike btw, what a steal!

#19 ·
Wiring loom for this Gen were sent to a different manufacture to produce by Kawasaki, we had a lot of loom issues here in UK with ours because of the weather, basically water sitting in places on the bike and being able to penetrate and basically rot/corrode the wires.
Gen 4 Kawasaki went back to their original supplier/maker of the looms so no repeat issues of this, not on mine anyways.

Not saying yours is this issue im just throwing you the knowledge as i had all sorts of symptoms, cutting out whilst righting, not starting as if not battery charge, I had the loom sorted by my Kwak dealer twice because of this issue as im an all year all weather rider. At the time it was under warranty so they did it all for free for me.

Could be something that caused your issue as you said it was left outside..... just a thought

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.