Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

New guy from CT

590 views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Sgtusmc96 
#1 ·
Hey gang,

Just posting to say hello. I stumbled across this site a little while back and finally signed myself up for a tour.

I now ride a sweet Titanium 2005 ZX10R, still have my old 1994 ZX9R that I bought new in '94 (38,000 miles on it and pretty nicely modified). Wife rides a 2001 ZX9R as well (she's 5'10" and has no trouble reaching the ground).

Little background, I'm 36 and have been riding on the street since I was 16. I've been teaching the MSF riding course in CT for the past four year (although I do know how to twist the right grip!). Heather and I had talked about retiring the old '94 ZX9R and I was looking for a new 10. Kept looking at ebay and threw a bid on a couple here and there. The planets aligned in December as I took ownership of a titanium 2005 bank repo with 1200 miles for the lovely sum of only $7000 :thumbsup: . I know enough about bikes to be able to check it over before bringing it home. This thing rips!

I haven't done too much to it yet - unbolted the rear fender, installed an eliminator kit and some smaller rear signals, threw a few stickers on it, changed the brake lines over to HEL braided lines and EBC HH pads. Stops on a dime with one finger! :mrgreen:

Hope to learn a few things in the forums as well as contribute when I can. Catch you all soon.

Dennis

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Burner. Yup, other than a couple of very minor scuffs, the bike is in new condition. Couldn't pass this one up.

Dennis

#7 ·
New guy in CT

titanium said:
:welcome: ...... and where abouts in eastern ct are you located.... i hope you didnt buy from excalibur powersports.... other than that :thumbsup: nice color choice too
Thanks gang! :hello:

I'm in central CT - south of Hartford. Didn't buy from Excalibur - got it off ebay - located the bike in Long Island. What do you know about Excalibur? I haven't had any luck with Midtown in Rocky Hill and will go out of my way to steer business AWAY from Willows in Cheshire :thefinger (a long story regarding my '94 ZX9)

Are you in CT as well?

Dennis

#14 ·
Thanks oz!! We have a friend who used to ride a CBR 929 from the Westchester area. The first two years that my wife and I were dating, she lived in Kingston. I used to ride out there for the weekend, Tom would come up on his CBR and the three of us would tear the sh!t out of the Catskill roads.

28A (I think) around some of the reserviors, 32, 44+55. Man, I miss that area....

#16 ·
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.