Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Woolich Tuner wiring issues

Gen 4: 2011-15 
1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Boxtradamus 
#1 ·
I was working on installing ... well pretty much everything I just got today. Full Akra system, K&N race, and the Woolich setup I just ordered.

I'm stuck on the Tuner. I can't get the stupid pins in the ECU plug.

Anyone else have any issues with this?
Know any tricks to get them all the way snapped in?

Yes I searched first, yes I found one other post similar but that person was putting them in upside down, I am not.

I pulled the plastic plugs, took the front pin cover off, and am putting the pins in the proper direction. The problem is the wires are just too soft to push hard enough to get the pins all the way to the front to seat. They just bunch up and don't go. I tried a small screwdriver but its actually trying to cut into the wire and I don't want to push too hard with it to avoid that.

Any ideas much appreciated guys. Need to get this done tomorrow so I can ride sunday.

~Heath

See less See more
#2 ·
You can use a small screwdriver, toothpick, pin pusher tool, etc. But you don't push on the wire. You need something small enough to push the bank side pig the pin itself.

It shouldn't need to go in that far either. Make sure the pin lock tab isn't bent down and that's why it's not clicking and locking. The pin may be in all the way.

#3 ·
Thanks will give that a shot.. I know it wasn't in all the way though it wasn't up to the front like the other pins. I was using a very small jewelers screwdriver to try and push .. I will try a toothpick, I don't have a pusher tool handy. May need to order or check radio shack.

Thanks again ~Heath

#8 ·
ok so it was apparently me ... I messed up the plug trying to push the connectors out from the front side and it wasn't letting the pins slide all the way in .. I will say I did exactly what it said .. to push those little white block off pins out from the front side after taking the blue piece off .. ... now i'm trying to flash and keep getting failure to read ECU ...

On the plus side the exhaust and K&N are on ... but now I can't go do any riding on my birthday ..

#9 ·
Hello, the first time I installed mine, I was also too "gentle" and did not push them in all the way. I put everything back together and could not flash.

I went back in and tried a couple time, with a little more force. Not a huge amount of force to risk breaking the wires. Best method was to take them out and try again. After a few times in and out was able to slide them right in, and they do need to really get in there and should show as a pin just like all the rest from the connector side otherwise they don't make contact and wont work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.