Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

button willow trackday

1K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  CanyonCarver 
#1 · (Edited)
a few of us are heading out to button willow next weekend 12th and 13th anyone from here going?

#10 ·
I'll be there with the Crack Club, I mean Crash club, uhhhh, ,,,ummm, TheTrackClub on the 29th and 30th with my 600. looking forward to meeting some of you guys:

#12 ·
you reserved your garage already? Did you just call down to the track?

#14 ·
gladding24 said:
you reserved your garage already? Did you just call down to the track?
Two of my friends are control riders/instructors and they do all the Track Club events, so we always have garage 8 at Buttonwillow. I make every event that work allows, but just started a new job that gives me MUCH more flexibility, so I'm doing all of them now.

There's usually anywhere from 4 to 8 of us, so we all chip in and get the garage. One friend's wife usually arranges it for us way ahead of time, as she also helps out Mark & Dori at the track (and usually rides, but pregnant now). It's real nice for me -- just show up and hand her a $20. No hassles. Nice to have cool friends with good connections.

N1NJAZX6R: I've looked for you there b4, but not sure who you are. Lots of 636s. If you see me on the grid, please say hi. Be nice to put a face to the screenname. You should be able to spot me by the leathers/bike from my avatar. I almost always ride sticker number A-13, too. Dori tries to remember to hold it for me. Long story and a little embarrassing, but I'm a kinda superstitious. :helmet:

#16 ·
Wow, $230/day for buttonwillow? that's a little on the steep side for me, even though it is a weekend. I'll take the Mon/Tues with the track club for 130/day. Makes it a little easier to swallow the price for tires.
Hey Canyon carver, will the guys @ Track club care if I run 2 bikes? I'm thinking about bringing the 10 as well as the honda 600rr.

#17 ·
Don't think they will. Mostly, they seem to want to make sure you aren't getting two riders on the track for the price of one. So they control things via the stickers. You will only get one sticker. So the trick is to figure out how to swap the sticker back & forth btwn the 2 bikes.

I've seen it done, and I don't think that Mark cares. I've brought two bikes b4, as they were short for control riders (several guys out sick or something) once last year and had asked me to possibly ride control for the B & C groups. I didn't want to have mirrors on my 10 when out with the A group, so I brought the 954 along to ride as a control bike. Ended up that they had enough control riders, so I didn't have to. Just set the 954 up for 2-up riding and my instructor friends were using it for that purpose. So no need for a sticker, as they had the magic orange vests instead.

I would bring both the bikes and work out a way to swap the sticker. Maybe use some tape to hold it down, that you can peel up and transfer to the other bike w/o tearing the sticker? If you don't want to haul both bikes without knowing for sure, give Dori a call to confirm.

#18 · (Edited)
Mark & Dori won't be out @ this next even. I believe they are going to Italy. So Chris will run it is what I was told. Still just give them a call they know what's goin on. I'll be sure to say hi. I won't be working the grid on monday I'll be riding all day, but I'll more than likely be working Tues. So you share the garage w/ Mondo & wifey eh? I'm usually parked w/ Robert from TheCet.com

#19 ·
Italy, huh? Must be nice. :cool: Chris will take good care of things.

Yeah, I share the garage with Mando, Donna, Pete, Phil and whoever else shows up that day. Mostly I've been there on Mondays and weekend days, as the Tuesdays have been difficult to get away from work. Now that's changed, I should be able to do more multi-day sessions.

Really lookin' forward to these upcoming days. No sessions in April have left me itchin' to get back on the track. Seems like forever...

I'll look for you at TheCet area. :hello:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.