Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Gen 3 10r help for 145lb

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  renais 
#1 ·
Ok guys new to the forum but I have searched. What I gather stock rear spring is good for my weight. Fork springs not so much. Went to racetech's site used the calculator. Just want to make sure I am headed down the right path. Bike is currently rear sprung for a 220lbs rider. Thought is go with a racetech rear spring 10.7kg and front .90kg. With this I could always set it stiffer if needed with stock bike adjustments. Thoughts and inputs would be appreciated. Please don't flame on.

Part codes off of racetech site
Rt frk spr 38.2x36x273 .90kg
Rt sk spr 58.2 x 178 10.7 kg -105n

Thanks
Luigi

#11 ·
rebound damping with 10,7 spring

I know its an old thread, but I'm thinking of a 10.7 spring. Did you find you had too much or too little rebound damping with the stronger spring? I'm guessing not enough :headshake

#3 ·
Honestly lmat if your going to use RaceTech I would call them and talk over what they recommend. They will be more than happy to help you. No one knows their product better than they do and they want you to be happy with it. Best of luck to ya! 145 is a fantastic weight to ride at. What a huge advantage that can be.

#4 ·
I'm about 150lbs and have 0.9N fork springs and 95N rear shock spring.

I run with rebound practically all the way out on the front and just a half turn out on the shock.

I did see that Racetech recommend a much heavier spring than 95N and they may be right :dontknow:, but I run with 38mm sag up front and 25mm at the rear, which seems to work. I'm now thinking of raising the rear 4mm which I understand has a similar effect to uprating the spring

Personally, I would change out the fork springs first and see how it feels before changing the rear spring

I thinks its good to run with minimum preload though, especially at the front.

Be interested to know how you get on :smile:

#5 ·
Ok guys thank for the help and input I figured I would just end up calling them. More information and learning could never hurt. Thanks for the help and time . I will relay the answers I get from racetech so that maybe smaller riders can use this thread.

#6 ·
Here is the answer for 145lbs from racetech. Also other parts to do while its down.
This is also a street only setup.

Here are my suggestions.
"I would suggest valving it as well but not sure if that is in your price range."

FRSP S3827095 $114.99 (fork springs)
FKOS 43 P $18.38 (fork seals)
FKDS 43 P $29.99 (fork dust seals)
SRSP 5818107 $114.99 (shock spring)
SPSC P575516 $19.99 (shock spring spacer)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.