Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

FactoryPro Shift Star Kit

Gen 1: 2004-05 
3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  badassjake 
#1 ·
I need to open my clutch and for a long time I was thinking to bought the FactoryPro Shift Star Kit.

Does anyone have this installed? It's made the shift change really better?

They say that need to remove the oil pan and exhaust system too to install, it is really necessary?

Here the link about...
http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prodk95.html

Scroll to bottom for the kit...

#2 · (Edited)
Yes it is necessary to remove oil pan to get to the retaining clip that holds the shift shaft in, also I would recommend replacing that clip, sometimes you have a tendency to stretch it open to far and it looses some of it's holding power which would alow shift shaft to be pushed out of position when re installing shift linkage (ask me why I'm suggesting this). As far as if it's better would know, I run an air shifter and drag race only. I would do the mod though every little bit helps.

#7 ·
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I see the cam (shift star), positioning arm and spring have different part numbers from '04 to '05

besides the above mentioned retaining clip, and an oil pan gasket, is there anything else I should order in advance before attempting this job?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.