Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

quarter mile time help!!

6K views 102 replies 12 participants last post by  codyc_13 
#1 ·
I have a 04 zx10 lowered strapped pc3 stretched 9 inches and geared 16/43. My fastest time at the track was 10.92. I weigh 215 suited. Guy ran my bike and ran a 10.20 weighing 175. And he said the bike bogged off the start. I'm thinking I need a bigger rear sprocket. Any ideas???

#5 ·
yea you should runnin way faster times than that. your bike is capable of runnin 9's all day long. i would work on your 60 and 330 times to start and lookin at your trap speeds your mph is off alot. wat rpms are you launching at and wat rpms are you shifting at also ?

#4 ·
Where are you racing at?

Your 60' and mph are not good. You should easily be able to get 1.6 60', stock wheelbase I was 60'ing 1.71s. Gearing will help, but seat time will help even more.

With a 6 inch stretch my 60' are in the 1.52 range and my 330 is 4.0x.

Another problem is your mph, it should at LEAST be in the high 130s or low 140s.

#7 ·
thats the same rpm i launch and shift at. im 200 pounds and im geared -1 +2 best 60ft to date is a 1.58 make sure you gettin dat clutch out asap while going full throttle. you can throw that 45t on the rear to see if that will help tho.

#12 ·
WOT= wide open throttle and eh dont worry about a sprocket get your launch down it will make a big difference atleast get it down to 1.7s 60s for now

#19 ·
That was only my second night at the track. I shift after the light comes on and i have it set at 11500 so im shifting at at least 12000 12500. the guy said is was as if the bike ran out of gas on the line then took off. like the gas moved in the tank. Im pretty sure i am going through in 5th it might only be 4th though. I just ordered a TRE tonight so i will see if that does help at all. I feel as if im wide open right into 2nd gear.

#21 ·
Not WOT until second? Go WOT off the line, use the clutch to keep the front wheel down. If it's falling on its face at the line, you are getting off the clutch too early and need to slide it long enough to keep the RPMs up in the powerband.

Suggestion: Try launching a little lower rpm and going WOT earlier. You will do better launching at 6k and hitting WOT early than launching at 8k and not getting WOT until second. Once you get comfortable hitting WOT at the line, work the RPMs up.

#33 ·
i ran 10.0 at 141 with 1 down and no rear sproket now i got a 4+ on the back cant wait to try it out

#36 ·
It's definantly a learning experience, I was running similar numbers when I first started. Keep at it and keep mental notes of what the bike is doing, the sound of the motor will tell you alot. Good luck man!!!

#37 ·
My times didn't go down dramatically until I learned from our late Great Ruthless Racing RIP Kenny.... with a video of his arm going full throttle at the start SWB...Ruthless always said like many others is Seat Time and that is gospel....the key is learning going WOT fast and slipping the clutch in harmony at the same time(controlling the wheelies). :wink:

PS...this Thread belongs in the Strip Section not performance and tech section it will be moved. :wink:

bloo

#41 ·
Jason miller has a class,the Friday before each mirock race, sign up it's very helpful you gotta find your sweet spot. It will take time.

#43 ·
9.91 today :) no airshifters . 3rd time out on the stretch. got the riffle man insert on the way and pc3 cant wait to get those on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.