Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

245 mph in the Mile - turbo Gen 2 ZX10

8K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  abdullah 
#1 ·
The bike ran pretty well at Maxton this weekend, 2 passes @ 243, and one at 245, the fastest 1000 in the mile. Around 30psi boost, ~450hp, no boost controller, no airshifter, I missed a shift on this pass.

I need to do a little work to get ready for the 1.5 mile event at Loring AFB up in Maine on July 16-17, where I'll shoot for 250 :mrgreen:

The 245 run was made with a hacked bellypan and airfilter in place.

See less See more
1 1
#10 ·
Nice!!! I just found that page lol.... looks like you hold the nitrous record huh, 218!!!! thats insane! I wanna do a nitrous run but I dont know how I feel about blasting much more juice at her than a 30-40 shot ya know :-/ Should be about 205-210hp-ish on MR12, how fast do you think 230hp will get me?

#26 ·
The 218 spray pass was with 240hp, hard to say how fast a different bike & rider will go.

If you want to run MR12 in a "G" class (gasoline, no nitrous allowed) you'll have to bring a sealed VP pail, and let the fuel guy open it and fill your tank. Just part of the rules to run in the 'all motor' classes.

In "F" classes (fuel) you can run whatever gas you want, or E85, nitromethane, or nitrous.

#20 ·
Loring is 1.5 miles, and no way could I catch up with Bill. He was making around 650hp to go 278, and I don't have anything close to his aero package or chassis tuneup with the 10.

It gets exponentially harder to go faster, the faster you go. Getting to 200 in the mile is hard. Getting to 220 is MUCH harder. Getting to 240, harder still, etc. Getting it 275 is ludicrously hard :D

The faster you go, the thicker the air gets.

#24 ·
Insane.. But I have to say... Damn that track looks sketchy. Theres no way that I would do that there.

#27 ·
ohh ok, yeah I was trying to figure out all of the classes and such, just got bad news that the guys running their car at kennedys air strip wont allow bikes for some reason but I'm still trying to figure out something for us FL guys to race down here.... Until then I think I'll invest in a counting wheel and mark out a mile somewhere in Mexico

#30 ·
i thought for sure i was going to lose control and die at least four times while watching that video. holy shit thats fast

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.