Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Best steel rear sprocket

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Kawawog 
#1 ·
I am back for R&R from my deployment and took the bike out for a ride. When I came back, I noticed that I was missing 2 teeth from my Driven aluminum rear sprocket. I am going to order a steel one now. I was looking at the Drive Systems. They have two, a lightweight steel one and their new X2. Anyone have any experience with them?

#2 ·
I have a Stealth and have nothing but great things to say about them. I know its not what you asked but I was just trying to give you a third option. It has not shown any wear whatsoever and I've gone quite a few miles on it.

#5 ·
+1. I have about 7k miles on my Stealth rear sprocket. It is considered a steel sprocket since the teeth are steel. It has an aluminum center section with tool hardened steel teeth section so it's lighter than all other steel sprockets on the market.

#8 ·
Ive had my superlite for a long time now and love it. Its as light as a steel sprocket could be, looks great, and is super strong with great wear characteristics. Id recommend this sprocket to anyone.:thumbsup:

#6 ·
Been running driven and thrust co. front and rear sprockets for a while now.....never had any issues BUT i think when it comes to the steel rears......it boils down to your personal preference and the look you want.

#7 ·
Ive had a renthal for the past 10k miles on my bike and it is running just fine

#9 ·
Who makes the superlite and what's the average rear cost? The supersprox stealth is pricey for a sprocket averaging $70.

#10 ·
The Superlite and the X2 are made by Drive systems USA. The Superlite is around $45-50 and the X2 gets up around $70. www.drivesystemsusa.com/
When I redid my gearing, they didn't have kit's for Kawi, so I went with Supersprox, would NOT buy them again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.