Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Micron Serpent Exhaust

5K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  dudewhrsmybike 
#1 ·
Are any of you using Micron's Serpent exhaust system?
If so, can you assist me with some information?

stock engine (exhaust/usb)
-hp gain
-tq gain

modified engine (head,cams, higher compression)
-hp gain over stock
tq gain over stock

I am thinking of switching from my Tsukigi exahust to a Micron Serpent. I am trying to determine if it's worth the money.

Thanks
JTR Inc

#2 · (Edited)
My understanding is Micron went out of business years ago. What is still being sold is left over stock. I looked at them about a year ago because some are being dumped at super cheap prices, but decided against them.

I don't think Micron was ever known for big hp increases.

#3 ·
FYI, you can get a serpent system (minus Micron can) for $199.
If that's not a good deal, I don't know what is.
I haven't got mine on and tuned yet, but when I do, I will share what info I have.

#6 ·
i installed one a few months ago and i tell you go for it...
with KN air filter and a power commander i had a 13 hp gain...
with a map from dynojet website

#7 ·
serpent exhaust

I am a drag racer...

potential mods are:
-head porting
-Kawi race cam(intake) or set of webcams
-existing exhaust is a Tsukugi full system(looking to swap with the serpent)

I just wanted to know if the exhaust is worth swapping out.
The asking price is 310, but I saw on the forum they are running around 200 (where can I get a new one for 200.00)

#10 ·
Im sure the tsukigi system is better quality than the micron. I used to have the tsukigi and i've seen the micron system on your first gen. Use the money for your motor as others have stated.

#12 ·
Love my micron serpent on the 600RR! Since you already have a full system it really is your call if you want to spend the money on the micron but, they are still out there for some pretty amazing prices. Worst case you can resell it for a fair price and still make a few bucks for yourself if it doesn't suit you. I got mine for $199.99 a while back for my bike.

#15 ·
I just took my can, and the micron mid pipe to an exhaust shop and they spread the canister so it would fit. Took a whole 2 minutes. If that.
However, the spring tabs are mounted differently on my can so
I need some welded onto the correct position. And that's all she wrote.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.