Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Mladin To Ride WSBK BMW?

6K views 88 replies 19 participants last post by  jake318 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Its true the beemer didnt set the world on fire, but they did a great job for their first year racing with a brand new machine. Mladin is a great racer and no matter what ride he is on i think he will do great. the only major set back he will have is feedback, for the last decade he has been on a machine that has been worked on by a crew that knew exactly how to set it up at each track.

#4 ·
So if Mladin races in WSBK and losses all the time can he blame DMG for that? :lol::spit::helmet:

#5 ·
i dont care if he blames YOU bloo. the fact is that he should do well, but if he doesnt its not because of a lack of skill, or lack of knowledge about a proper race bike, its just going to be new everything.

#6 ·
I don't care either...in fact because I know what an arse he is I will get pleasure watching him loose and crying about this and that....It will make watching the WSBK that much more fun for me so I hope he does. :wink::cool:

#8 ·
i don't think he is ready to quit , but once he finds out that he should quit(mid-season) , he'll start doing worse.it's a new team and will have trouble setting him up.i noticed him slipp'n towards the end of this year.

#9 ·
I think his late season 'slipp'n' was more a function that he already announced his retirement and didnt have the desire. I still think hes just yanking chains. i cant see him racing all over the world as he has been so adamant about not doing that with a young family, his age, etc etc etc.

#10 ·
would love to see him in WSB

#16 ·
right, because Matt installed the illegal crank and adjusted his TC himself. Speaking your mind doesnt make you an ass, but i do agree that if someone says "im done" then they should be done.

#18 ·
right, because Matt installed the illegal crank and adjusted his TC himself. Speaking your mind doesnt make you an ass, but i do agree that if someone says "im done" then they should be done.
And Mladin never knew what was going on?:heyyou:another Mladin fan that keeps a blind eye :rolleyes: I have seen interviews with him where he admitted they where above and beyond the competition when it came to traction control...what year did they start?....before they where allowed too on the track...I have no respect for that...he can suck eggs in OZ as far as I am concern just go away...he won't because of his following like you. :badteeth:

#25 ·
cpriordan was my user name, have fun doing the leg work youll see that i have had good and bad opinions about Matt, but ive alway been an avid spies and nicky fan. and if i go for team green, can i still go for Hopper? is that cool?

#33 ·
I would be shocked if he went to a satellite team too, or came back at all for that matter. I just dont like when someone uses an ad hominem to back up an argument.

#39 ·
Look at the NASCAR fan DMG is used to accomidating. hell they LIKE watching pit stops? My son and I went to Daytona this year and got the tower suites with food drinks and a flatscreen monitor in the room . This older couple put a NASCAR race on WHILE the 200 was on! I changed the channel back to the motorcycle race . The woman got angry so i told her If she wanted to see hillbillys pump gas there is an Exxon across the street lol.

#44 ·
While it appears I may get banned for stating this :rolleyes:, but I am a mladin fan. But I think he is just stirring up crap and has no intention of racing wsbk. I doubt a factory support team would be able to come up with the $ he'd require and I can't fathom a reason he'd want to even race there. I would like to see it, and I do feel he'd have no problem winning there, even on a less-than-factory machine. Face it, who is likely to be the consistently winning riders there? Haga maybe/doubtful. Spies is great, no doubt, but one of the main reasons he did so well there was because he has mladin's talent/skill level or better, and there was just no one there who will be there for the win every race. Does anyone think spies would have had the same year if mladin or bayliss would have been there? Not saying he could not have won, but he would not have dominated. Spies was by far the best rider in wsbk this year, I see no reason mladin could not be next year.

#46 ·
You can see no Reason because Mladin said I give...coming off a Ban yourself If I were you keep you coments to yourself for awhile. Mladin fans keep me busy but if your coming off a Ban already i don't want to hear you for weeks.:wink::badteeth:

#45 ·
MLADIN is good , no doubt but his team was 50% of him being as good as he was.yes SPIES made him ride to his potental which HAGA will do the same,if MATT does sign up.i don't think he is ready to retire-yet.i think he will show -he loves it !.being a new team , i don't think he will be as good as people expect.it will take him(team)a season to get adusted , then you will see the true MATT -if he stays.----my personal opinion!

#68 ·
This is all trivial arguements, he prob won't race. Mat's team and bike was so good because he built it and developed that bike himself. Spies did not only make mladin ride to his potenial, but mladin made spies ride to his potential (which benefitted spies far greater than mladin). I'm a haga fan but he never pushed spies or would push mladin. If not for dnf's and crashes, spies would have won that title uncontested.

You can see no Reason because Mladin said I give...coming off a Ban yourself If I were you keep you coments to yourself for awhile. Mladin fans keep me busy but if your coming off a Ban already i don't want to hear you for weeks.:wink::badteeth:
Is this a joke? How long should I wait before I post then? Lighten up. I know your love affair w/ spies and I give him credit for his accomplishments. Why can't you do the same?

hey BLUE , i've been watch'n and this guy is gett'n to ya.take a deep one man-we know.i see your blood is gett'n up dude.lol
I must just have that touch w/ bloo. Can't you just see my posts teeming with hate and disrespect for bloo and this site?

I hope your joking cuz if not your an idiot. mladin IS the greatest sbk pilot PERIOD!!!!!!!
:+2:
question-if MLADIN is so good , how did SPIES beat him-more than once ?
It is common concensus among many that mladin is probably the best sbk racer ever. Given enough time, spies likely could claim the same. Thankfully he won't be on a sbk long enough to do so. He DESERVES to be in gp.

Even the best gets beaten, but that still doesn't mean they aren't the best. Just ask rossi.

#48 ·
yeah only the smart ones know when I my blood is gett'n up...the rest want to test it. :badteeth:

#53 ·
Also don't post a Reply without reading what the Thread is about:heyyou: It's not wise to do so in this thread :headshake ...next

#55 ·
I am guessing Mladin had a great team and an advantage....but Spies was so good he trump t that....Mladin will get a dose of reality if he races SBK...Spies never did and wouldn't have that problem he was for real. :cool::wink:

#60 ·
:iamwithst

Unfortunately some Mladin fans seen Spies do so good in his first year and think that could happen as well. :badteeth::headshake

#63 ·
You two(motomike&bloo) really need to quit watching racing with your green colored glasses on. If you did you would have seen that even though Spies won the championship the last three years, Mladin won more races than Spies did. And as far as Bayliss goes, Mladin owned him the 1 or 2 times they raced head to head.

On a good bike, Mladin would lay the same smackdown on the world scene that Spies did.

#65 ·
Kawi needs a good rider, but i think Mladin is too impatient at this point in his career to develop a bike like a younger rider could. Then again Vermulen is racing this year and he isnt exactly a spring chicken so who knows:eek:ccasion1

#69 ·
HAYDEN , any relation to the family in KENTUCKY ? i'm not a fan of either(mladin/spies)i have'nt seen MATT run wsbk.so i can't say he is the GREATEST.i did see BEN win 3 titles with MATT be'n there , so why does'nt that make him the GREATEST ?he also won wsbk championship his first rookie year-did matt ?i'm not say'n anyone is the greatest.

#70 ·
HAYDEN , any relation to the family in KENTUCKY ? i'm not a fan of either(mladin/spies)i have'nt seen MATT run wsbk.so i can't say he is the GREATEST.i did see BEN win 3 titles with MATT be'n there , so why does'nt that make him the GREATEST ?he also won wsbk championship his first rookie year-did matt ?i'm not say'n anyone is the greatest.
:iamwithst

Hayden is trying to get back at me coming off a BAN....a few others as well want to get a kick in and some find out the hard way not a good thing to do. :headshake

Hayden maybe you need to read again I already posted why I don't like Mladin my right but do like watching Spies.

Master Link you want to call me an Idiot fine but your pressing it too. There is an Infraction choice for Insulting other members. I never called you an Idiot for voting for Obama so don't call me names for not liking Mladin. This thread is turning into a Big Fish catch to bash the moderator and hump Mladin...no problem but sometimes there will be a Reaction backing your retired best in the west SBK rider.:rolleyes: :wink:

#73 ·
Ben is about my age and i have watched him race almost hie entire career and there is no question in anyones mind anywhere in the world that he is a prodigy. All we can do is hope that he can kill it at the GP level. Im sure Matt is done, but what he has said and how he talked about his feelings for American road racing is dead on, and im happy that he didnt just act like a puppet for a group of people hell bent on ruining what we all love.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.