Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

High 9's low 10's.. step inside...

12K views 120 replies 42 participants last post by  fatkaw10 
#1 ·
Guys, if your in the high 9's low 10's post up...and your bike combos / weight of rider too...

Thanks all.....

#5 ·
Why not...I'm just getting back into bikes, 6 or so year break...and I'm a huge 1/4 mile fan....(03 cobra racer)...and I want to see what skilled riders are doing with these bikes with certain mods, or lack there of.

Thanks for your great post...:thumbsup:

#11 ·
dang it man...thats rolling out...stock clutch??? and I see your running a shinko...very nice man...your driving the hell out of it for sure....how many passes on the stock clutch??

#13 · (Edited)
I work weekends so the only track I can get to is an 1/8 miler. I'm 185 lbs. 05zx10. I'm runnin stock suspension height (no straps) and stock swing arm, foot shiftin, full tire pressure. Best 1/8 mile time of 6.76 @ 115mph. I'm sure that would equate too mid nines. I'm suckin most everybody up on the top end in third gear. ----slipon akro, bmc filter, power comm w/dyno tune. -1/+1 gearing.

#17 ·
Nope, you won't even Break into the 9s with that time and I run the same gearing.....you need to be at least around 6.5s. :wink:

#14 ·
10 havens..nice job and set-up..thanks for your imput.....and wildb302..hell ya your rolling out.... great job in the 1/8th......how are you leaving..??what rpm?? Everyone with slipper clutches..are you going back to a slipper clutch when your stocker checks out????

#15 ·
My clutch is bone stock. I'm leavin about 4500 without moving the throttle untill the clutch is almost all the way out. Sometimes the rear brakes loose a little and almost alwaays riding on the rear wheel only till I shift into third.

#18 · (Edited)
Trap speed has alot to do with it. I'll have to get to a 1/4 and find out. I've been drag racing something for bout 14 years now and I'm pretty sure that at that speed the second half of the 1/4 is going to take much less than half the time of the first 1/8, but hey I could be wrong. I look forward to trying when I get a chance. It would be close.

#19 ·
Here is mine and I weigh 215lbs in gear but have also even been questioned on this site(by members that did 9s stock) how could I pick up 30mph + on the back half....the answer is simple I am Fast on the Back Half so if you think you can do better than this on the back half and hit mid 9s than good luck. :spit:

Mods are not even as good as yours....Old 10R with just a slip-on, -1/+1 gearing, BMC street filter, 520conv, lowered in rear about 2-3in,strapped in front.....just strap your bike your times will go down your doing good but you wont hit mid 9s with that setup right now unless you got mad skills and weight advantage :headshake

#20 ·
I know for a fact I would pick up more mph than that! Your strapped so your hittin full throttle before me. I'm not hittin full throttle till past half of the 1/8th. almost in third gear at that point, then i really start movin. Plus I'm 30#s lighter than you.

#22 ·
:lol:Won't Happen :headshake:wink: but you will get into the 9s eventually :mrgreen: Either way we have a post in the drag racing section to post your time slips....just post your mods if you change them.:wink:

#21 ·
I bought a strap just haven't got to use it yet. And OH yeah, I really do have MAD skills. They don't call me Nuts for nothin.

#26 ·
Have you ever seen another stock 1000 do 145, most around here that do 145 are piped, also do you do it consistently. that just crazy that it does that cause you 1/8 mph is very normal, Its cool if you ask me!

#27 ·
On my track the only Normal Guys that run 145mph are ZX14s no problem and the Stock Busas old style can't do it normally......so yeah basically just the ZX14s and the others (1ks) are usually fully piped or race gas with mods, I run pump gas. :mrgreen:

.....but as some know the MPH doesn't matter ET does and have seen a few 1ks do 9.7s but the best I can tell so far that has no modifications just strapped is the new Hayabusa @ 9.5s 150mph + now that's moving for a Pure stock bike. :badteeth:

#28 ·
yeah we have several new busas that are doing 150 its insane, yeah mph doesn't matter but it is cool seeing a stock 10 putting that mph down, a have seen a streched zx-12 go 9.40 at only 137 mph, man he was comming out of the whole hard, the best i have managed since i extended my bike is a 9.62 at 142 with a 1.60 60' i can tell you that i had more fun racing my bike stock!

#29 ·
yeah stock is fun for sure and get the most fun by trying to control the beast out of the hole, it's also fun racing with guys with full systems against the 10R stock, many of them are amazed how much MPH that old 10R with my heavy butt.:lol:....but f'sho shows the 10R is no JOKE when they see the speed :wink::thumbsup:

#30 ·
Thanks for the response guys..keep them comming...post links to your drag vidz too if you can..I'dlove to see some drag video....Mods sorry for wrong section...Thanks again all...

#31 ·
I do have wishfull thinking I'll admit, but to sample your reference of the strapped busa running 9.50's I can say this. I have run several 14s and busas and gxr 1000s in the 1/8th that are not only strapped but also stretched with pipes etc. They get me out of the hole but I run them down and just about pass them at the finish line everytime. Not tryin to talk trash, just stating some facts. My 10 is a beast. dyno numbers are below. Torque curve is as flat as it gets.

#34 ·
I have run several 14s and busas and gxr 1000s in the 1/8th that are not only strapped but also stretched with pipes etc. They get me out of the hole but I run them down and just about pass them at the finish line everytime.
Sorry man but I just dont see a stock 10 running down a modded 14 or busa. I've been racing for a while now and I think your being tinkered with. Around here people do that to make you think you can get them and hussle you outta money.

#33 ·
My brother has the exact same bike as me. I mean identical, dyno tune gearing same pipes, every single thing the same. The only difference is he weighs 40#s more than me. It makes a big difference. In rolls from 60 or so to the top of 6th i walk on him by several bike lengths. This is why I'm pretty damn sure I'd pick up more than Blue on the back half. Plus my mods. And to top it off, I'm even faster in the corners! Although I still love drag racin.

#36 ·
In rolls from 60 or so to the top of 6th i walk on him by several bike lengths. This is why I'm pretty damn sure I'd pick up more than Blue on the back half.
Not hatting you you but i weight 165 pounds and i am only trapping 142 mph, and i am not a crap rider, my 10 stock went 9.92 at 142 with a 1.70 60 foot.

I will be the first to say blues bike is not the norm, he is the exception to the rule, you cant base your numbers on blues at all. the New busas are dynoing 178 to 180 stock and are only doing 150 mph in the 1/4. you 10 probably puts out about 155

#35 · (Edited)
No bettin goin on. Never even talk to some of these people. Just random pair ups from bikes in line. And to burst your bubble I've walked three different 14's in highway rolls from 50-60 up to 170+. I've walked several old busas and one stock (Slammed and stretched) new busa the same. Busas and 14s weigh too much.

#39 ·
a little while back one cycle magazine did show that the 10r from 80mph to 184 mph was quicker than almost any 14 or busa by a large margin over 2 second if i remeber right

#40 · (Edited)
a busa or 14 with rider is about 725 pounds or more , a 10r with rider is about 600 pounds makes a big diffrence on the big end.so the extra hp the busa and 14's have help it to run more top speed but a 10r will get their quicker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.