Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

'06 636 (Purchased 5/'07 w/0 miles on it)Long Island, NY

3K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  flapjak 
#1 ·
I purchased this bike in May of 2007 with 0 miles on it... it was one of the last 636's made..... I only have a little over 5000 miles on it and changed the oil every 1000 miles( have maintenance records). It is basically stock with swingarm spools, fender eliminator and battery tender cables attached. Also had it de-restricted so this baby flies! Never been dropped... Not a freakin micro scratch on this baby... very clean...looks like it just came off the floor. I'm not going to be able to ride for a while due to the fact between my full time job and my band playing all over the place, this thing is just gonna sit around and I don't feel like doing inspection, reg and insurance every freakin' year to only take it out a couple times a month in the summer. I purchased this for $9,200.00 (not including freight, setup and sales tax) but I'm willing to part with this beauty for $6000.00 firm (That's about what I owe on it). Anyone interested just e-mail me at: kcc83@optonline.net with "636" in the subject line in case my puter spams it.... or call: 631-553-8497 and leave message if I don't answer.

this thing runs flawlessly and still looks brand new! Here's a pic of it at my workplace last week:

See less See more
#11 ·
If only i hadn't desroyed the engine in my car :BangHead: then I would have had the money.

Beautiful bike

#17 ·
Free bump! I had an 05 636 bike topped out at 172MPH indicated some have reached 176MPH. It's an awesome bike...I would whip up on liter bikes on my 05 636. Sold it at 23K miles so this one with 5K has plenty of seasons left...

636 Also won the 600 cc shout out in 2005!!!

#25 ·
its beautiful, i thinking if you revisited your asking price, it would get more attention. I know a few guys looking for a 636 but they wont even look at it at that price.

Not trying to be offensive or anything, but I know a dealer on LI that has a 07 10r se left over that I am looking at (not that I could part with my 06). he wants $7600 otd.

#26 ·
OK..$5,500.00... Again..this bike hasn't been moved since I first posted it...even though it's and '06, bought it brand spankin' new with 0 miles on it in '07... and for cripes sake... It's only got a little over 6000 miles on it:eyecrazy:... and the fact that they don't make 636's anymore should pique peoples interest.. Hell.. I'm starting to convince myself into keeping the damn thing!LOL

#27 ·
Keeping it would be a good disition. Kawi just don't have great resale value. For example the local dealership had the same bike as yours, and I fell in love w/ the color. They were askin $7200 before fees and the bike had 14K miles on it. I chewed them down to $6500 OTD but my budy swore to me that I could find a better deal. So I decided to look around for a week to see if anything better popped up, and CL was flooded w/ 05 & 06s for a much better price. Then I found a showroom cond. '05 10R w/ a D&D pipe and Scotts dampener, and only 5k miles for $5950. Plus the guy wrote that he gifted it to me on the bill of sale:mrgreen: So for $6k I got much more bike then the dealersip was offering. So to get so long winded. My point is the economy sucks, and people have a hard time putting down a lump of cash for a SS bike when they don't know the history. On a side note, that dealership gave the PO of the 636 $5700 for his trade in.:eek2:So that might be a good option. If I had $5500 laying around, I would definitly scoop it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.