Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Are all SS brake lines the same?

3K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Quick10 
#1 ·
I was looking at getting some SS brake lines soon. The local shops here carry Gafler and when I mention other brands like Spiegler, Hel, Goodridge, etc., they say the SS lines are all the same and just go with the Gafler. Im thinking they are trying to sell me just Gafler. Are all the SS lines the same? I dont mind the Gafler but I want all black lines and fittings and the only company I found that has this is the Goodridge "Shadow" line and they look perfect. I noticed JJ had problems w/Goodridge though. My next choice would be Hel, then Spiegler, and Gafler. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Can anyone attest to how the Goodridge "Shadow" line are?

#2 ·
The only difference between pre assembled brake line kits (besides materials used) would be the people behind who build them. I really like Galfer in this case. They are very personable and professional. You call them and they will take the time to listen to you and custom build a line. I think if you call them and they have the right color fittings and lines available, they will build the lines you're looking for. I'm not sure, but I don't think that the other companies you mentioned would do that.

#3 ·
Obviously they'll want to sell what they have in their shop but it is true that all ss lines are more or less the same. Of course there are the thinner versions or superbike fittings etc. but that's another story. I don't know about Goodridge lines but I have Galfer lines in black with gold banjos and it's just fine.

#5 · (Edited)
I have had Galfers in the past and now FrenTubo...There is a difference such as banjo material and such...One of the motorcycle magazines have comparison of lines...It was the Brit mags that had the comparison by the way.

#9 ·
Goodrich and Galfer are fine

I have Galfer on my 10r and have had Goodrich on my track bike for years, I have never had a problem with either. My Galfer are the superbike lines, which I was hesitant about due to some bad experiences of other members on here with leaking. But no issues and they look and work amazing.

#12 ·
I have had my lines for three years now so things might have changed. When I purchased my goodrich I had the same question as you, I did the research and this is what I found..again this is 2005 so it will not surprise me if galfer has up the ante, like I said give a holler to lexusrx he can give you the latest info..:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.