Ok all. At the end of the tether trying to fix my gen 1
Its had this problem from when I bought it with 1700 miles on, it now has 7333 miles on. Long story short, the seller cried ignorance when I went back to him, the bike has had 2 full services in the time I had it and was serviced before I got it.
It has a misfire/rough running at low rpm, (about 1500 - 2500). Basically when riding through towns, pulling away from juntions/lights or riding at low revs up inclines etc (like this big 1 mile hill I live up... !!!) it jerks and misses?? If you pull the clutch in it clears up, and if you open the throttle it clears up. It responds/picks up immediately every time if you crack the throttle and there are no power losses anywhere else and runs sweet...
There are no FI codes up, and heres what I've checked already -
*Plugs have been changed twice for new ones, and the old ones checked in another bike and they were fine.
* Coils checked and swapped, all fine.
* Checked camshaft/crankshaft/inlet/temperature and other sensors
* No vacuum leaks
* Fuel pump checked and filter - all ok
* Tank drained and cleaned twice - all ok
* Side stand switch checked and tested ok
* Throttle checked by bike mechanic and said ok
* Connectors checked and contact sprayed
* Injectors cleaned and ok
* Seafoam run through the system
* Exhaust system and exhaust servo checked - all ok
* Done the water on the header pipe test, all heat up the same at same speed.
* ECU connector pins all checked - ok
* New battery
* Battery terminals all screwed down and ok
* Airbox seals ok, all breather pipes ok and not restricted
* No perished pipes/connections
May have checked one or two other things, its hard to remember them all ! Am I missing something obvious ???
Im coming down to the point where Im wondering whether its fueling that is incorrect maybe due a dodgy ECU ? I really am at wits end !!!! I love the bike and really want to fix it, but getting so dishearted Im giving it one more shot then trade it
The bikes Mods are, racefit end can and K&N filter (but I had the same problem with the stock can and stock filter just as bad).