Call it ZX-10 Wasp or ZX-10 Hornet

• Wasp

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Hornet

Votes: 11 57.9%

Jus got a 13 White n Black today

7K views 55 replies 20 participants last post by  Speed-racer 
#1 ·
Here it is. Now if you guys could give me your advice about a slip-on, Fender eliminator and thoughts about a PC V. Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Before you do a flash, look into flashing the ECU (http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218786)

That will help uncork it letting the bike breathe a little easier and remove all the emissions restrictions as well as add a few features to the bike. From there, you can have the bike fine tuned with a PCV to really extract every last ounce of horsepower.

Like I tell people about the flash; it's like buying a suit off the rack. Yeah, it will work and be fine as is, but when you bring it to a tailor (dyno tech) to have it fitted, that's when it really stands out and pops. Same thing here.

As far as exhaust goes, anything that removes the cat. The cat is a huge bottleneck. Some popular slip ons are Graves, M4 (GP or Street Slayer), Austin Racing, and Two Bros. Full exhaust you have a few choices, but usually people go with Graves, Akrapovic or Leo Vince.
Slip on and full exhaust will gain similar numbers in the top end, but the full exhaust will give you more power in the mid range as a result of the design changes in the runner length/diameters on the full exhaust manifold.

Fender eliminators are a dime a dozen and plenty of name brand ones can be had as well as cheap knock offs. So it's pretty easy to find something aesthetically and financially pleasing.

#4 ·
Welcome to the club. ZX10archer hit the nail on the head with everything he said. Have fun with your new ZX. It's a blast.

#13 ·
Turbodoc2 thanks for the welcome

Might want to research the euro turn signal conversion also, especially before you pick a fender eliminator. I run the OEM euro turn signals with a euro version fender eliminator, its a great combo that includes a license plate light.
GlassA, thanks for the pic and info, Gonna be lookin through a lot of pics on google of fender eliminators to find on I like.

#6 ·
Agree. I use the motodynamic smoked ones. Looks way better than the ones that come with a normal fender eliminator IMHO.

#7 ·
Thanks Guys, I have it down to the M4 street slayer or the 2 bros SR1 or the 2 bros 2011-2014 Kawasaki ZX10R Two Brothers Racing Standard Gold Series M2 Cat Eliminator V3 Shorty Slip On Exhaust - Carbon Fiber Canister

Then 2 bros has 2011-2014 Kawasaki ZX10R Two Brothers Racing Cat-Eliminator V3 Slip On Exhaust System Silver Series with M-2 Carbon Fiber Canister (005-2990405V3-S)

Then there was some sort of VALE short stubby one.

Seems like 2 bros has a lot of options for their slip ons. Which one???

I'm tryin to get the look in the picture, If you guys know exactly which 2 bros exhaust that is in the pic, please let me know.

Attachments

#15 · (Edited)
Congrats on the new bike, looks great! Better check out the Akrapovic exhaust and titanium link pipe before you make your purchase. Definitely get rid of that cat. conv.! Akra is hard to beat, many guys here using either Akra, Austin Racing, or Graves

#17 ·
Installed Puig windscreen, block-off plates along with cap for bottom of air-box, took PAIR valve off, servo motor out, and installed Graves slip-on. Waiting to get flashed ECU back tomorrow and I'll finish puttin the bike back together then.

#22 ·
I like the Graves, it's not too loud down in the lower RPM and really gets loud when up in the rev range. Kinda reminds me of my TI force full system I had on my GSXR's

Congrats on the new whip. Love the white. :eek:ccasion1 Im a fan of the Austin as far as slips ons go.
Thanks or10r, I like the scheme better than the 14 he had sittin there, also the price discount for the 13 was right. He said the 13 and 14 were basically the same bike.

Congrats on the new bike purchase. Make sure to check out my GEN 4 thread too. :hello:
Thanks Rider discount , I'll check out your bike build, I'm always lookin for ideas for my bikes

sweet 10 man
Thanks Punisher.

Ok, guys I got the ECU back today and got the bike all back together. Started right up, sounded good. Took it out the drive and down the road about 100 foot in 1st gear up to about 6 grand and backed off. Got 1 loud back-fire. Just 1, then went down the road winding it up in 1st and 2nd and letting off all the way listening for back-fire. Nothing, never did it again. I don't know what happen with the 1 back-fire, who knows, not gonna worry about it unless it becomes a continuous thing. Bike seems a little more responsive. No FI light. Can switch TC on the fly. Just a very short trip down the road, and all seems good. Worth it to me to have it flashed.

#25 ·
Very satisfied with the flash, should be the first mod anyone does. Really wakes the bike up.

Mine did the exact same thing. Some minor popping here and there but nothing anywhere near that first one.
Yeah, just the one initial loud "pop" and then everything was good. I can't explain it. Who know's??? Anyway, very satisfied with flash.

next will be suspension, then wheels and tires.

#26 ·
Rode about 220 fast as hell mountain roads today (Valley up to Payson over past Pine, turned around and headed back down to valley). Rode with very experienced track riders (2 CBR 1000's, BMW s1000, older like new CB 1100 blackbird with very experienced rider, and my ZX). There was not popping or backfiring what so ever. The bike ran like a raped ape. CBR's not a chance, Gave BMW guy a run for his money and I don't know what this guy did to the CB 1100 blackbird, but that sumbiatch pulls. Anyway. ECU flash is great, adjusted rear high speed dampening (turned out .75 turn) I weigh 160 with gear, left all stock settings on everything else and this bike rails pretty good.

#28 ·
Took the bike apart again today. Took off the Blue and red hoses from bottom of tank and took off the charcoal can and some sort of fuel vaper hoses. The two hoses that come off the carb.s to some sort of funky fuel vaper valve. For those, I cut one of them short and ran it over to the other vacuum port on the other carb. Started up ok and idled and revved ok. I think everything is going to be ok with it running like that.

Took off all fairings and sprayed the ones that were Flat White Pearl to Metallic Spark Black with paint I had mixed with paint code 660 from Space Age Paints in Mesa AZ. All matched very close if not right on. Will get pics up after I get the bike together tomorrow.

#29 ·
Waiting for the Solvent based Acrylic paint to dry all the way. It is hardening/drying but the place that mixed it up said it may take a few days and that I should not buff it or put wax on it until after a few weeks to let all the solvent gas out of the paint. Anyway, it's shiny as hell and will buff out good. Will most likely put the bike back together Thursday or Friday. Pic.s coming

#41 · (Edited)
Thanks EPi, Then what am I gonna ride? The 10 will be all apart again here in a day or 2

You have too much money haha
I saved and now I am enjoying the fruits of my labor. Every dog has his day.

The 14 is one very powerful bike, This thing pulls like a freight train. Handle's great for a big bike, Feels lighter than it looks. No regrets, got 200 miles on it doing fast paced sweepers with a touch of twisties today going up to Payson and bush Hwy. plan on doing Yarnell hill, Spars and then Mingus Mountains this weekend (twisties, twisties and more twisties with some high speed sweepers. I'll report back, but this bike really is easy to throw around. All good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.