Some Buyer Tips!!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 11-29-2007, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Some Buyer Tips!!!

Just a word of warning for those that get posts/responses from members in the "Classifieds>Wanted" section saying THEY HAVE WHAT YOU WANT.

It is better to look at a members history by clicking on their username in a Thread they posted before or under a search for their username(must be logged-on the site to do a search) and see where they have been posting in the Wanted Section. Here are some signs that can bring up a FLAG and cautions to follow if you have doubts:

1. Does the member offering me a product or parts know I need it bad and have a history of having other products/parts that other members need bad or fast.
2. Has the member offering me a product/parts have a long history on this site?
3. Does the member have feedback on this site under his username called iTrader?
4. If I am spending a lot of money on a part does he have a good email address or willing to give me a phone # to call for more details?
5. Does the member have PayPal and Address Verified?
6. Did I check out if this member had any INFRACTIONS(Has most likely had a temp. BaN on this site) under his/her Username profile(mind you might not be related to sales though :headshake )
7. If someone is PM(Private Messaging) from your add in the Classified/Wanted section and has no history of any other sales it could be for a reason....be careful

ADDED Because a member got ripped off and never read this Sticky but a warning to all:

A member that had something to sell and just got his 25th post to sell on this site did. Problem was the buyer was actually warned by another member and he never took that advice. Also, the seller tried to sell before having 25posts ANOTHER WARNING. When the buyer asked for Pics he said it's all packaged up and can't...ANOTHER WARNING.....it's your Money and RISK but when you ask for help the most we as Mods can do is BAN them from selling on this site(unless proved otherwise it was a mistake) or Ban them entirely from zx-10r.net....which brings me to another point if we find out sellers scamming on this SITE YOU WILL BE BANNED FOREVER IP and ALL.

These are just a few and maybe adding others....be careful out there buying we try hard to stop unwanted sellers like making them have 25posts and 30days of membership but that is not a guarantee.:headshake

Good luck and this thread is not meant to scare anyone but just to be cautious or aware/warned, because for the most part we have great members here selling with great deals and don't forget the Sponsors here first to be on the safest side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-23-2008, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Added in Red today something else...BEWARE..
bloo
post #3 of 11 Old 02-06-2012, 09:20 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by applle714 View Post
Just
Can we get a mod to check this guy out?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

post #4 of 11 Old 04-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Curious. What would be the best way for a Buyer(2000 miles away from bike) to protect himself on a large purchase?
Ive made a few large purchases from the States. 3 were from reputable dealers, 1 from a wrecker, & another on Ebay.

Any sugestions?

TIA.

PRESENT
11 ZX10R Track/Race
08 ZX10R - Track/Race (was a Ins write-off)
PLUS a few more.

PAST
Way to many to list.
post #5 of 11 Old 05-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I depend on the ratings on how he does business...
post #6 of 11 Old 02-12-2016, 07:30 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Hello Everyone . I just joined this website to place a for sale posting for my 2015zx10r but the site is not allowing me to post anything ! Can someone please help !
Thanks Guys
post #7 of 11 Old 02-12-2016, 08:30 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10R4Sale View Post
Hello Everyone . I just joined this website to place a for sale posting for my 2015zx10r but the site is not allowing me to post anything ! Can someone please help !

Thanks Guys

Read the sticky in the subforum please. You're not allowed to sell stuff until you meet the minimum requirements.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.

#WordCrimes

post #8 of 11 Old 02-13-2016, 12:12 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thank You for the replay Sir
So from what I can understand I have to be a member of this site for at least 30 days and have 25 posts ! Is this correct ?
Thanks Again
post #9 of 11 Old 02-13-2016, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10R4Sale View Post
Thank You for the replay Sir
So from what I can understand I have to be a member of this site for at least 30 days and have 25 posts ! Is this correct ?
Thanks Again
Yes that is correct please go the the Newbie Forum and there are Stickys up Top of that Page that explain the site rules of this forum.

thanks,

bluedevil

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #10 of 11 Old 10-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.