LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-26-2016, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Selling my GEN5 '16 race/street bike

I'm in the St Louis area if anyone is interested in this thing:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=dfff00d44a

I think it's time to put it back on the market. I have my eye on a new lites class bike (650) so need to make room. How about let's start at $11k on this fine Kawasaki 2016 ZX10R KRT ABS edition? I'll put up a craigslist ad in the near future but I would be willing to work a deal with my track/racing buddies before going that route, if anyone is interested.

Crashed once when it was only a couple of weeks old at Hallett in street fairings, which are included, even though most of them are busted. :) The crash is famous on Youtube. :) I raced about a dozen expert GT races on it this past year and finished 2nd in the points. Anybody other than me surely could have taken 1st on this bike. :)

Catalyst race fairings, paint by Seth Heim, Alpha1 graphics, Graves exhaust and block off plates, tune by Taylor Motorsports and Evansville Superbike Shop, FTECU ECU flashing kit, ABS race dongle (to disable ABS), rearsets, replaced electronic Ohlins damper with manual Ohlins damper valved by Velocity Calibrations, lever guards, stock suspension. Eric (Velocity Calibrations) shot this bike on his geometry machine and has the setup in his computer.

I ride it both on the street and the track leaving the race fairings on as pictured. I use clamp on headlights and bolt the mirrors, fender and tail light assembly back on to make it street legal. All stock parts included (original exhaust and other parts were removed before riding for the first time). Clear title. 14,836 miles.

More pictures at the link at top.

Last edited by tdh; 12-26-2016 at 06:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-28-2016, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

This is what I would like to replace it with:

I know, I'm not right. :)
Duhastme likes this.

post #3 of 7 Old 12-28-2016, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Oh, I also have a 2014 ZX10R that I would be willing to sell instead of this 2016 for less money. It has more miles on it but it has a good set of both race and street fairings. Full Bazzaz setup, and similar other options that I listed on the 2016. I just don't need 2 ZX10Rs if I get the 650 and it was a struggle to decide which one I wanted to actually let go of. When it comes down to it I don't really have a preference I guess. There are many things I like about the 2016 over the 2014, but yet there are some things I like about the 2014 over the 2016.

post #4 of 7 Old 12-29-2016, 02:36 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

What pushed you towards the naked ninja 650 and not the new 900 or z1000?

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
post #5 of 7 Old 12-29-2016, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I already have a liter bike so wanting to get a lightweight bike for something different, plus I can race it in our lightweight class so I'll have a ZX10 for the heavyweight and a 650 for the lightweight. Also, I used to have a Ninja 650 and really loved wringing that thing's neck on the back roads. A side note I believe they are no longer going to offer the z1000 in the states.

post #6 of 7 Old 12-29-2016, 10:30 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

The motor in that bike is great. I had a versys 650 that I put 20,000 miles on, without any issues from the motor. Great engine!
tdh likes this.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
post #7 of 7 Old 02-10-2017, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I just posted this on craigslist. Still for sale:

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/5998460874.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.