Gen 1: 2004-2005 LA Area Feeler - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 04-17-2017, 03:09 AM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

LA Area Feeler

Hey guys, testing the waters here to see. Im looking to switch things up and try out a new ride. Despite all the advuce and suggestions to have 2 bikes, thats not going to be in the cards for me. So I want to see what this thing will bring in and hopefully send it to a good home instead of just trading it in.

Anyways, info on the bike.

35k miles, Ive owned it since 2300 miles.
-1 sprocket on the front, and its been that way for a while, so Im pretty sure you can take about 3k miles off the odometer for the actual mileage.
Zero Gravity Touring dark smoke windscreen
Hyperpro Steering Damper
Powercommander 5 with GP style Quickshifter
Soupys fully adjustable lowering links
Front Brake System: 08 ZX6R Radial Master Cylinder, HEL stainless Steel Green Brake lines, 08 CBR600RR Calipers with EBC HH pad
Rear Brake has HEL SS Line
EK MVXZ 525 Chain in Green (I have another one, NIB, along with some new Sunstar Sprockets)
Gauge cluster LEDs have been changed to a White/Green scheme.
Boz Gild series slip-on and stock muffler
Pilot Power on the Front, Q3 on the back (and it needs to be replaced)
Oil wasnt changed too long ago, Engine Ice is changed out about 6 months ago, Brake Fluid is Motul that was changed at the same time as the coolant.
Shorai battery that is about a year old.

It has been down once at the strip, Ive repaired and replaced 90% of the damage, the left bar end is still ground down and theres a mark down and dent on the tank from where I think my boot hit. Doesnt look bad, or really all the noticeable. Just full.disclosure on it. It happened over a year ago, Ive been riding the bike since then, 0 problems.

I think Im forgetting stuff. I have other drag setup pieces. A lot of this stuff is also in my sig. Bike is stock wheel base right now.

Feel free to ask questions here or PM me about it.

Havent gone to a dealer yet to see trade value, but NADA and KBB have it listed for trade value around $3200 and private party at something like $4500 so lets just say asking $4k so I can see what happens. Located in the Los Angeles area, more specifically Pasadena.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

Last edited by -Op-; 04-17-2017 at 03:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 04-17-2017, 03:14 AM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Adding some pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0535_1492416822521.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	561.2 KB
ID:	397169   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0544_1492416854752.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	435.4 KB
ID:	397177   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0536_1492416886223.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	556.0 KB
ID:	397185   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0539_1492416916889.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	495.9 KB
ID:	397193  
post #3 of 26 Old 04-18-2017, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Bump. Im gonna give it a week or 2 and then just trade it in.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines

post #4 of 26 Old 04-18-2017, 07:37 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Shes clean even with being down, lots of extras and a desirable bike. There is always be a buyer for everything but as always it takes time for the right buyer. Did you think about stripping it back to stock and trading it in that way, sell your extras and youll probably get what you're asking a whole lot faster. The only reason i say this is because ive sold a ton of bikes and its rare to ever get what you're asking if you want to sell fast. I just sold a black/white 2013 in october of 2015, I had a ton of extras and all stock parts with 1100 miles on the ODO. It went for $6800.

82 GS450L- Bobber Project
06 636- Sold
07 R1- Lost
08 zx10r- Lost
09 zx10r- Totaled 8/3/14
07 cbr600rr- Track - Sold
12 EX250r- Womans - Kissed a guardrail
13 zx10r- Old street - Sold
14 SSR Lifan 180cc Pit Bike- Fun machine
15 zx10r- New street

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

post #5 of 26 Old 04-18-2017, 05:21 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Bump. Im gonna give it a week or 2 and then just trade it in.
Somebody will come along and snatch it up from you bro because u got it listed for good deal and they geting hard to find in mint shape.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

05 ZX-10R SWB.
post #6 of 26 Old 04-18-2017, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

I have been. Depending on what all is gonna happen through this. If noone is going to pick the bike up, Id probably get the same trade value whether its modded or not. So Ill pull the good stuff off that I can and sell them on the side. Definitely would help to recoop some cash and all. Some of the things I dont have stock parts for unfortunately, like the levers and rearsets. Oh well.

Thank you for the compliments on the bike. I have tried to keep it nice. Been my pride and joy for a few years now. Awesome awesome machine. Thats for sure.

post #7 of 26 Old 04-18-2017, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx racer View Post
Somebody will come along and snatch it up from you bro because u got it listed for good deal and they geting hard to find in mint shape.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Thanks bro. Hopefully that happens. Im just ready to hop onto a new ride and try something else out, find a new outlook and all. Just rather do it sooner as opposed to later. Impatient. Ive been thinking about it for too long is all. Hopefully someone jumps in soon.
zx racer likes this.

post #8 of 26 Old 04-19-2017, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Free bump.to myself.

Anyone want a great Gen 1 before the dealer gets it?

post #9 of 26 Old 04-20-2017, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Bumpin up. Someone make me an offer, dont miss the chance

post #10 of 26 Old 04-21-2017, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Bumpin again. Going to the dealer tomorrow to see their trade-in offer

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.