Wanted Gen 1 project bike midwest area - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 42 Old 10-01-2016, 01:02 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
How can a man go about getting you guys to get this excited about helping him find something? I will pay a $100 finders fee to anyone that can help me locate a seat cowl like the one on my old Gen 1 pictured below. It's a Targa unit.. There's a couple of cheap knock off JUNK replicas that aren't even close to the same thing. I don't care what color as long as it's not fucked up. Chances are I will have it molded and made from carbon anyway. Just need the part for a mold to be pulled. .............. ..............

Wait didn't we go through this a while back. I though I found you one but it was to expensive. Like a hundred eighty bucks. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...34495766,d.dmo

Last edited by TechnologistX; 10-01-2016 at 01:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 Old 10-02-2016, 02:50 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnologistX View Post
Wait didn't we go through this a while back. I though I found you one but it was to expensive. Like a hundred eighty bucks. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...34495766,d.dmo
Dude you didn't find one.... Hard Racing is well documented for saying they have shit they don't have.... I actually ordered the damn thing from them and got a phone call saying sorry we no longer have that and can't get it.... I have called Targa and offered to buy a DOZEN of them if they would just make another batch and they REFUSED ! There are NONE NEW LEFT ON PLANET EARTH! Hence why I'm still looking..... Find one I'll buy it and pay you for finding it. Can't beat that
post #13 of 42 Old 10-02-2016, 01:10 PM
lau
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

i still have that one we talked in the past about . looking for a pic,
has the vents on top.

post #14 of 42 Old 10-02-2016, 01:18 PM
lau
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Click image for larger version

Name:	066.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	910.1 KB
ID:	383578

Name:	067.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	383586

Name:	068.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	839.9 KB
ID:	383594
post #15 of 42 Old 10-02-2016, 01:25 PM
lau
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

if you find a bike but need plastics , I have a sharkskin set for the front in green. Its the piece that has headlight openings, and I have the new in box unpainted belly pan that mates up to it.
I have a green tail section also w pass seat or with the cover shown above. I need to move this stuff so let me know. Project bike can mean anything so im just putting it out there if you find a decent one but w body damage.

Lau
310-686-4393
post #16 of 42 Old 10-02-2016, 02:49 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Dude you didn't find one.... Hard Racing is well documented for saying they have shit they don't have.... I actually ordered the damn thing from them and got a phone call saying sorry we no longer have that and can't get it.... I have called Targa and offered to buy a DOZEN of them if they would just make another batch and they REFUSED ! There are NONE NEW LEFT ON PLANET EARTH! Hence why I'm still looking..... Find one I'll buy it and pay you for finding it. Can't beat that
???

Kawasaki ZX10R Body Parts Solo Seat Cowls

???

1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2003 1500 Meanstreak Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
post #17 of 42 Old 10-02-2016, 07:03 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian1000 View Post
Brother I appreciate the effort but trust me I've exhausted all these sources over a year ago.. The only way one of these will ever be found will be USED on this site... I'm quite sure there's several just laying the garages piled up in the corners collecting dust! Now the trick is to rattle them loose.. Those were few and far between even back in the Gen 1 new days.. My parts guys wouldn't even tell you about them unless he liked you because he had one on his own bike as well as his brothers bike and they didn't want all the squirrels having them. He sold those guys the OEM factory Kawasaki seat cowl which looked like ass... The guy that bought my parts guy brother's bike and Dean's old turbo kit I think his name was CookMaster had one but he stopped coming on the site a few years back. I have honestly been flipping over ever stone for the last couple of years looking for one with zero luck
post #18 of 42 Old 10-02-2016, 07:53 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Brother I appreciate the effort but trust me I've exhausted all these sources over a year ago.. The only way one of these will ever be found will be USED on this site... I'm quite sure there's several just laying the garages piled up in the corners collecting dust! Now the trick is to rattle them loose.. Those were few and far between even back in the Gen 1 new days.. My parts guys wouldn't even tell you about them unless he liked you because he had one on his own bike as well as his brothers bike and they didn't want all the squirrels having them. He sold those guys the OEM factory Kawasaki seat cowl which looked like ass... The guy that bought my parts guy brother's bike and Dean's old turbo kit I think his name was CookMaster had one but he stopped coming on the site a few years back. I have honestly been flipping over ever stone for the last couple of years looking for one with zero luck
Yeah I remember them not being nearly as popular / they were a bit pricey. I still kinda want one myself because they are the best looking and sleek...really makes the tail look much slimmer. But I decided the OEM cowl looked good enough for me but I had my body/paint guy fill in the holes that hold the rubber pad on...much better sleek on the front instead of that big chunk of rubber.

Figured I'd throw that link up for you though just in case. Good luck to you

1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2003 1500 Meanstreak Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
post #19 of 42 Old 10-02-2016, 08:08 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Is this Thread about a Stupid Rear Cowl that isn't even as good looking as as the OEM Version?

LS if your serious since I got my ZX14R I haven't had time to mess with my parted out ZX10R with Title...I have Tons of parts I can make a new bike but it will cost money....if your looking for someone to just send you a bike than I am out....if your looking for a project bike and serious than I can help you out I have Tons and TonS of ZX10R fist gens parts enough to make a full bike and spare parts to last a life time.

bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #20 of 42 Old 10-03-2016, 12:07 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian1000 View Post
Yeah I remember them not being nearly as popular / they were a bit pricey. I still kinda want one myself because they are the best looking and sleek...really makes the tail look much slimmer. But I decided the OEM cowl looked good enough for me but I had my body/paint guy fill in the holes that hold the rubber pad on...much better sleek on the front instead of that big chunk of rubber.

Figured I'd throw that link up for you though just in case. Good luck to you
Dude I got several tails including a Carbon / Kevlar like this bike ................. In fact I got all the special parts like this bike is built from including the tank.. But race tails don't offer under the tail storage and I like to have a little room for stuff when out on a street ride. I still like the OEM tail with the proper seat cowl.. I hated the OEM cowl back in the day and still hate them today..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.