Gen 5: 2016 -> 2016 ZX10R KRT ABS street/race bike - $11,500 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By frickenmoron
  • 1 Post By tdh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-28-2017, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

2016 ZX10R KRT ABS street/race bike - $10,500 (reduced $1000)

Sold my GEN4 (2014) last week, now it's time for the GEN5 (2016) to go. It's not legal for the Pikes Peak hillclimb so I am getting something that is. :)

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/6284107983.html

This bike would be optimal for someone who rides on the street and on the track.

- Clear title - registered in Illinois
- Catalyst race fairings
- Paint by Seth Heim
- Alpha1 graphics
- Graves exhaust and block off plates
- tune by Taylor Motorsports and Evansville Superbike Shop
- FTECU ECU flashing kit
- ABS race dongle (to disable ABS)
- Rearsets
- Replaced electronic Ohlins damper with manual Ohlins damper valved by Velocity Calibrations
- Lever guards
- Valve clearance check completed at 15k miles along with new air filter and plugs.
- 23,464 miles

Velocity Calibrations shot this bike on their geometry machine and they have the setup in their computer.

I ride this bike both on the street and race it on the track. I did lay this bike down at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit about 2 weeks after I bought it (video of this on YouTube from 2 angles). It didn't tumble or do any structural damage. I have recently bought a complete new set of OEM fairings so they are nearly mint condition. The only thing left from the crash is a smooth dent in the tank that nobody usually notices until I point it out. Clearly visible in one of the attached pictures. All stock parts included (original exhaust and other parts were removed before riding for the first time).

Last edited by tdh; 09-14-2017 at 10:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-14-2017, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I have since bought a new (used/mint) tank off of Ebay and installed, and got a new set of stomp grips to replace the grips. I also have dropped the price to $10,500. Someone please buy this bike! I want to get a 1290 Super Duke and enter the Pikes Peak Hill Climb next year. I have a LOT of extra parts included with this including all the original OEM parts, and a lot of extra fairing parts, and a new set of Barnett Clutch Fibers (in case the clutch were to go, no signs of that yet though).

post #3 of 8 Old 09-14-2017, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Here's a video from a back road ride I just did on it last weekend:

post #4 of 8 Old 09-28-2017, 01:48 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I saw you on the way back from Bixby that day. I was in the group you guys passed when you were heading back. This bike is definitely clean and well maintained. This'll be a steal for anyone who buys it!
tdh likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-28-2017, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm sure I must know you. But I know so many frickenmorons, which one are you?!? :) Yeah, I haven't ridden it since picking up my new machine:

I'll be bringing both of them to Gateway Motorsports Park for the MCRA event on the 14th/15th of October if anyone wants to come check it out and buy it! :) I'm figuring it will probably be next spring before people get interested again.

post #6 of 8 Old 10-20-2017, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Dang, not even a nibble. I must have it priced too high. :) Took both bikes to the track this past weekend and I didn't even start the green one. :( The new bike is a whole new ball game but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

post #7 of 8 Old 10-20-2017, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Also, I had dropped the price to $10,500 but I can't figure out how to change the title. Oh, I also picked up a new tank so no more dent. It's basically back to 100%.

post #8 of 8 Old 10-20-2017, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

This picture popped up on my facebook from 1 year ago. I let a buddy take it out for a session. He can lean it over farther than I can. :) My other buddy is chasing him on his 390. Neither one of them race the GT class, they're both in lights. I am trying to get one of them to buy it and race it in the GT next year.

trackaddict likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.