Gen 1: 2004-2005 05 Titanium in Greater LA area! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 06-05-2017, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

05 Titanium in Greater LA area!

Was my daily commuter for quite some time, and then eventually relegated to weekend canyon carver and occasional trackday bike. Miles at approx 49k (accurate with use of SpeedoHealer speedometer conversion tool).

Several key upgrades to improve the few complaints the bike had: poor brakes (remedied by a Brembo radial master cylinder) and twitchy throttle (tamed by full engine ECU tune and dyno run by Bazzaz with Bazzaz Z-Fi control unit install and full Yoshimura TRS stainless system-approx 140 RWHP).

Currently has new rear tire, approx 90% front; Dunlop Q3 set in 120/70 and 190/55 (up from 190/50).
BMC air filter
Galfer braided brake lines front/rear
Full system Yoshimura stainless exhaust (stock components included)
Brembo RCS19 radial master cylinder front brake with matching Brembo clutch lever (Stock components included)

Maintenance upkeep obsessively (oil changes, valve adjustments, etc); records to show (with Owner's manual and factory Service Manual); no leaking valve cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	leftJPG.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	399738   Click image for larger version

Name:	frontJPG.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	399746   Click image for larger version

Name:	rearJPG.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	996.1 KB
ID:	399754   Click image for larger version

Name:	rightJPG.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	925.4 KB
ID:	399762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fastrack day.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	399770  

Last edited by shojivic; 08-06-2017 at 01:38 AM. Reason: SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-07-2017, 08:02 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Sweet lookin bike. Good luck man, been hard to catch any offers lately. Bike looks great though. Awesome shot at the track, Fontana right?

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #3 of 11 Old 06-19-2017, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Sweet lookin bike. Good luck man, been hard to catch any offers lately. Bike looks great though. Awesome shot at the track, Fontana right?
Thanks.. Any yes, not too much interest. Put it up on Craigslist too, and same thing. Guess everyone prefers financing a new bike over used. In the long run, my sentimental value may be worth more than what I'd receive in a sale. Eventually, I'll just keep it and try to squeeze in a track day. The boys are older, and need less of my time.

Yes, that's Fontana, btw. My closest track and most convenient. I was trying to look the part, because I'm not that fast to be honest!

post #4 of 11 Old 06-19-2017, 11:07 PM
lau
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Sweet bike glws. Great price imo
post #5 of 11 Old 06-20-2017, 12:00 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Wish i could score some titanium fairings. been looking for a while lol
post #6 of 11 Old 06-24-2017, 12:40 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by shojivic View Post
Thanks.. Any yes, not too much interest. Put it up on Craigslist too, and same thing. Guess everyone prefers financing a new bike over used. In the long run, my sentimental value may be worth more than what I'd receive in a sale. Eventually, I'll just keep it and try to squeeze in a track day. The boys are older, and need less of my time.

Yes, that's Fontana, btw. My closest track and most convenient. I was trying to look the part, because I'm not that fast to be honest!
Yeah Ive had the same problem man. Everyone wants to low ball at 3k or less. Theyre worth more than that, no doubt. I may just keep mine, but I havent ridden it in a while since getting my Tuono.

Fontana is fun. Ive done it twice. Closest track for me, 40 minute drive in the early AM without traffic. Ton of fun. I have the same problem. Great pictures, not very fast.

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #7 of 11 Old 07-02-2017, 07:40 PM
ncn
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Yeah Ive had the same problem man. Everyone wants to low ball at 3k or less. Theyre worth more than that, no doubt. I may just keep mine, but I havent ridden it in a while since getting my Tuono.

Fontana is fun. Ive done it twice. Closest track for me, 40 minute drive in the early AM without traffic. Ton of fun. I have the same problem. Great pictures, not very fast.

What year Tuono? :]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 11 Old 07-03-2017, 02:42 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

'16 1100RR in Donnington Blue

post #9 of 11 Old 07-06-2017, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

post #10 of 11 Old 07-28-2017, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Decided I'd lower the price to $3500.. OR, accept a trade for a comparably valued compact/economy car (no rust buckets!) since my eldest son will be driving soon.

Any interest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.