why do people go out of their way to mess with us!! - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 09-18-2017, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

why do people go out of their way to mess with us!!

At least once a day I have a car try and block me from passing.I could be going 80 in a 65 and there is still that one idiot who just has to pass me by any means necessary.Even had a few intentionally try and hit me.....when I ride my cruiser it rarely happens. Some people really hate sport bikes!!! Lol
lun471k likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-18-2017, 09:38 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

post #3 of 13 Old 09-19-2017, 03:39 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Its the racing part I have come to hate. Everyone and his brother thinks they need to test themselves when they pull up next to me.

post #4 of 13 Old 09-19-2017, 02:48 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Stupid begets stupid. Stupid breeds 3x more than non-stupid. Very soon the stupids will outnumber the non-stupids. Although some would argue that intelligence is already a minority classification. We protect stupid with silly laws and mandatory safety warnings instead of letting stupid do what stupid does; exit stage Darwin.
LDH likes this.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
post #5 of 13 Old 09-19-2017, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Kinda forces me to ride more aggressive than I normally would just to get these idiots who wanna play games behind me.
lun471k likes this.
post #6 of 13 Old 09-20-2017, 10:03 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

It's just human nature, some people think if you aren't first, you're last! Try just riding mellow for as long as it takes to let the individual go on by, which is usually about ten seconds. They WANT to race. Takes two to race. Car wins every time if there's a crash. Seems to work for me but only took me 30 years to figure it out.

Sturm und Drang
post #7 of 13 Old 09-20-2017, 10:25 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I actualy wish people would try and race me more often... even Nissan GTR owners stopped trying... yet I'm having fun doing these little races :D

For the stupid part of the population though, it's a daily occurence. I've seen people block green lights (left turns) for me, then turn on the red light so I can't pass.

One truck almost drove over me as he swerved into the oncoming lane right as I was passing him (and I wasn't even riding aggressively... perfectly smooth passing, wasn't tailgating beforehand, when all of a sudden I had to ride on the other side of the oncoming lane's white line not to crash). I kept riding beside the truck for a big 3 seconds, and the old man just kept starring at me with some kind of disgust in his eyes, like I had done something to him or his family.

I really wish I had my GoPro running when these things happened. Since these occured, I record 24/7, especially boring city rides sinces it's when people tend to do stupid stuff on the way to work.
Capncalyx likes this.
post #8 of 13 Old 09-20-2017, 12:58 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
Its the racing part I have come to hate. Everyone and his brother thinks they need to test themselves when they pull up next to me.
Ive gotten that here and there and usually its some dude on a zx6E or D model with the ram air ripped out and all nekkid cause its been down numerous times. Or a stretched gixxer 750 with some dick who cant ride.

But something else gets into me when i find another rider on a sportbike, i instantly wanna ride hard (because its fun) because i never ride with anyone and its just fun to feel like a couple of fighter pilots in tandem for a sec or three. Im not trying to race but i know thats hard to convey with helmets on .

The one i get a lot that i hate is cruising up behind traffic, not blasting it just cruising and as i go to change lanes the car in front of me will come over right in front of me at the last second. Always have an out!! Ive had people - usually a Prius - push me out of my lane on purpose. I looked back one time after getting around a Prius that did this and the guy who did it was laughing at me after damn near hitting me. I also get people who intentionally drive 10mph under just cause they feel the need to "slow that damn crotch rocket down" and police me. I totally get why some of us feel the need to "ride a little harder to get the idiots behind ya". Its very obvious we are "marked" out there. And why is it that Hardley riders are so beloved and can seem to do no wrong? Either that or people are just too scared to fuck with the IBM'ers and Dr.'s??

Just on the way to work this morning i could count at least 5 different instances that coulda fucked me up. People with no signal on wanting to turn from a through lane, last min lane changers, etc... Gotta get me a cam!

*Official winner of one Riflemans 1/5 insert

Every fortress falls, it is not the end. It aint if you fall, its how you rise that says who you really are.
- QOTSA

"if you want to be told today to fk off let me no I can help"
- Peter
post #9 of 13 Old 09-20-2017, 01:05 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I've had a car try to race me and then they ended up wrecking their brand new used car. It was a pretty gnarly crash too, took down a small tree in the center lane divider, slid all the way across the lanes of oncoming traffic and almost landed on a fire hydrant. It was like some shit out of a movie, I turned around to go check on them and turns out they were teenagers, had just got the car not even a week ago.

Another person in traffic who saw the car driving wild thought that we were trying race just because he heard me revving my engine at the red light and actually told the police officer that. When in reality I was trying to distance myself from them. I even told the officer like look, " I may have been speeding a tiny bit, like 5mph over but it was to distance myself"

What made things even worse is that I had just picked my ZX6R up from the shop as we were getting ready to sell it, I had no tag on it at all. The cop was grilling me asking me "This bike isn't stolen is it?" Eventually he let me ride the bike home without leaving me with the "If I see you on it again I'm pulling you over" smh.

04' ZX10
06' Green ZX10-On the road to recovery
post #10 of 13 Old 09-22-2017, 08:04 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

no problems here on a super since gopro came out around 2007.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.