Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

why do people go out of their way to mess with us!!

4K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  scout 
#1 ·
At least once a day I have a car try and block me from passing.I could be going 80 in a 65 and there is still that one idiot who just has to pass me by any means necessary.Even had a few intentionally try and hit me.....when I ride my cruiser it rarely happens. Some people really hate sport bikes!!! Lol

#8 ·
Ive gotten that here and there and usually its some dude on a zx6E or D model with the ram air ripped out and all nekkid cause its been down numerous times. Or a stretched gixxer 750 with some dick who cant ride.

But something else gets into me when i find another rider on a sportbike, i instantly wanna ride hard (because its fun) because i never ride with anyone and its just fun to feel like a couple of fighter pilots in tandem for a sec or three. Im not trying to race but i know thats hard to convey with helmets on :badteeth:.

The one i get a lot that i hate is cruising up behind traffic, not blasting it just cruising and as i go to change lanes the car in front of me will come over right in front of me at the last second. Always have an out!! Ive had people - usually a Prius - push me out of my lane on purpose. I looked back one time after getting around a Prius that did this and the guy who did it was laughing at me after damn near hitting me. I also get people who intentionally drive 10mph under just cause they feel the need to "slow that damn crotch rocket down" and police me. I totally get why some of us feel the need to "ride a little harder to get the idiots behind ya". Its very obvious we are "marked" out there. And why is it that Hardley riders are so beloved and can seem to do no wrong? Either that or people are just too scared to fuck with the IBM'ers and Dr.'s??

Just on the way to work this morning i could count at least 5 different instances that coulda fucked me up. People with no signal on wanting to turn from a through lane, last min lane changers, etc... Gotta get me a cam!

#4 ·
Stupid begets stupid. Stupid breeds 3x more than non-stupid. Very soon the stupids will outnumber the non-stupids. Although some would argue that intelligence is already a minority classification. We protect stupid with silly laws and mandatory safety warnings instead of letting stupid do what stupid does; exit stage Darwin.

#6 ·
It's just human nature, some people think if you aren't first, you're last! Try just riding mellow for as long as it takes to let the individual go on by, which is usually about ten seconds. They WANT to race. Takes two to race. Car wins every time if there's a crash. Seems to work for me but only took me 30 years to figure it out.

#7 ·
I actualy wish people would try and race me more often... even Nissan GTR owners stopped trying... yet I'm having fun doing these little races :D

For the stupid part of the population though, it's a daily occurence. I've seen people block green lights (left turns) for me, then turn on the red light so I can't pass.

One truck almost drove over me as he swerved into the oncoming lane right as I was passing him (and I wasn't even riding aggressively... perfectly smooth passing, wasn't tailgating beforehand, when all of a sudden I had to ride on the other side of the oncoming lane's white line not to crash). I kept riding beside the truck for a big 3 seconds, and the old man just kept starring at me with some kind of disgust in his eyes, like I had done something to him or his family.

I really wish I had my GoPro running when these things happened. Since these occured, I record 24/7, especially boring city rides sinces it's when people tend to do stupid stuff on the way to work.

#9 ·
I've had a car try to race me and then they ended up wrecking their brand new used car. It was a pretty gnarly crash too, took down a small tree in the center lane divider, slid all the way across the lanes of oncoming traffic and almost landed on a fire hydrant. It was like some shit out of a movie, I turned around to go check on them and turns out they were teenagers, had just got the car not even a week ago.

Another person in traffic who saw the car driving wild thought that we were trying race just because he heard me revving my engine at the red light and actually told the police officer that. When in reality I was trying to distance myself from them. I even told the officer like look, " I may have been speeding a tiny bit, like 5mph over but it was to distance myself"

What made things even worse is that I had just picked my ZX6R up from the shop as we were getting ready to sell it, I had no tag on it at all. The cop was grilling me asking me "This bike isn't stolen is it?" Eventually he let me ride the bike home without leaving me with the "If I see you on it again I'm pulling you over" smh.

#12 ·
If people try to race me or try to get me to react irrationally. I pretend they don't exist and let them go on by. I have yet to have someone intentionally get personel for no reason. There just looking for a reaction cause they lack any content in their life.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

#13 ·
We all come across A$$holes drivers... I just keep on riding, no need to escalate things unless it's totally call for..

#14 ·
I never had any cars try to race me. I tend to ride pretty hard though.

Once I was splitting lanes on the highway in traffic the was rolling real slow. But this Dodge Ram, got halfway into the next lane as I was approaching to block me. I sat for a while then once they started rolling and traffic cleared a bit, I tried getting in the next lane and passing him and he tried to hit me. I was recovering from an injury to my shoulder and I hit these tar snakes while accelerating and got horrible death wobble on my ZX7R. I saved it and just took the next exit. Damn, that was some bullshit though.

Usually people get out of the way when I'm behind them, switch lanes. Something I've seen which is crazy, I'll be cruising in the fast lane just cruising though. And the car in front of me will get halfway out of the lane to the left to let me through. Like I won't even be trying to speed, but they go out of their way to do that and I feel obligated to go ahead and shoot through.

#16 ·
Cagers want to race me on my Wing. Seems most of them are women driving SUV's and like to tailgate me. I try to stay off the street on the 10 because you seem to have to run 100+ just to keep em off your 6 on the interstate.

#18 ·
Guess I didn't make the tailgating part clear enough, the ones I refer to don't want to pass but rather run up on you and ride your rear. Iv'e tried the passive thing and all it get me is boxed in a cluster of idiots just waiting for a chance to be part of a 50 car pileup.

#19 ·
Id lane split in that case if I felt like I was targeted and or in a situation where I felt my safety could easily be compromised. I haven't had anyone mess with me since I have been riding in Greenville,sc. They either speed when they see me or leave a bus length. Other then that nothing a handful of throttle can't fix.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Ive yet to see it be anyone trying to race me. Its the same motivation for everyone. They just dont want someone to pass them. Thats it. Noone ever wants to be behind someone else. Ive had people do it, i decide to be funny and drop 3 gears a d give a quick twist then slow down ti get next to them and they want no part of a race. They just hate that you passed them. And that goes for while Im riding or driving. Same stupid things. The only difference is that the bike fits between lanes, so I dont have to be part of the tailgatr fest that have become the freeways.

Reactions: Kawasexy
#21 ·
I had another encounter with a moron.

That was a Challenger Hellcat. The dude probably saw me passing traffic and I ended up behind him on the highway. He started passing people on solid yellow lanes, in curves where we could clearly see cars coming head-on in the other way. 2 cars had to get off the highway otherwise they'd have collided with the dude. It all happened in roughly a minute, I just let him go. Hell, I like speed, but no need to kill the kindergarden teacher (or whoever that was) coming back from work in her pretty little flashy green car.

#22 · (Edited)
yes, I would immediately back off if dangerous cager in area. Remember remember remember, mom and pop's are on the road plus young high schoolers and bunch of old people.

Safety first if stuff looks stupid.

But your post reminded me of a slab situation; I'm in CA and cagers have np with solo supers; used to us just moving thru traffic. Anyway, and this shows how mom and dad's on the road indeed complain if they don't like something; on a slab with three lanes, traffic heavy but moving just past limit, a cager was weaving in traffic; not bad but if I noticed it then I knew it wouldn't feel right to cagers; I'm on the bike splitting until I noticed him moving up; I slowed so that he can safely move past me. He was in no. 3 and I was in no. 1.

He slowly moved off ahead.

Less than 10 minutes later, a chip guy had lite him up. one of the parents called dispatch and alerted a LEO right in front of the guy. Surreal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.