Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Wheels or Suspension

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  scout 
#1 ·
Ok so got some funds for some mods on my new 2017 Zx10r KRT have $ to play with was debating some OZ Wheels or upgrade the suspension and doing a ohlins TTX GP and a fork kit ? I use the bike still on the street a little but mainly track it and will make it a full-time track bike but not this year. I may also do carbon wheels if I can find a good deal but anyway I have always loved OZ wheels and wanted a set and I could setup on my stickers with rain setups which is cool . Or totally setup the suspension any thoughts guys

#4 ·
If you were making a hop up list, for a zx10, Im sure upgraded wheels would be on the list......237 spots below suspension improvements.

I wonder about this as well. The carbon wheels are expensive as all hell, and due to this, I wonder how popular they are?.

If they are light enough to change how the suspension should be set up, I doubt there is a giant base of information to pick from.

If the weight difference is not enough to worry about, they why bother?

#7 ·
Really the question is should I just make this bike a full time track bike I just bought it cause I wanted something for the track but I haven’t been going as much as I like due to time. I rather make it a track bike and not even mess with it for street, I have a 17 Z900 with full Ohlins upgrade that is a great street bike also have a HD bagger for cruising so the ZX10R is what I always wanted I have a 09 R1 that’s just a track bike but I don’t think it’s smart to run two totally diff track bikes on the track especially the diff between a 09 R1 and a 17 ZX10R . So full time track bike or no.

#14 ·
You might as well do both. The wheels are a nice compliment to a better suspension.
1: A good suspension will give you the butter smooth transitioning
2: Less un-sprung mass will make the bike require less effort to transition.
Check out Dymag CF wheels. BSTs are popular but just because they're popular doesn't make them good. They're just the flashiest. Dymags and Rotobox wheels both weigh in lighter for the same or less $$$.

#17 ·
So i am doing suspension I decided to just go all out Track Bike being I really did a lot of work to My Z900 for making it a canyon carver after the Ohlins NIX 30 kit and Rear Shock did a 520 conversion from Drive Systems and Driven rear sets some rental bars and some Q3's she is a ripper oh and a QS aswell not gonna get better then for my street ride. So the new ZX10R gonna just go all out thats why I got her in the first place it was either dump a bunch of money into my 09 R1 or getting the new left over 17 ZX10R brand new for 11,900 which i thought was a great deal.. So time to start a track build thread!!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.