What did you do to your bike today? - Page 593 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 525Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5921 of 5941 Old 05-23-2018, 06:04 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Speaking of TI/ProBolt stuff. Have you guys found a nice substitute for the front axle pinch bolts that are cross drilled and protrude further out? I'd be in for a set of those.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5922 of 5941 Old 05-24-2018, 01:40 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Are they M8x20mm racespec lanister
post #5923 of 5941 Old 05-24-2018, 07:14 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
ddipala I have a book on oem steel bolts and nuts and the Titanium replacements!my thread on here is called "Trading money for weight"
So this has been ongoing since 2014!Ive replaced over 300 oem steel hardware to Titanium!
Nice work! Do you know how much you've saved over-all so far? Like a current price/lb-saved on the results?

When in doubt... send it!

post #5924 of 5941 Old 05-24-2018, 11:45 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddipaola View Post
Nice work! Do you know how much you've saved over-all so far? Like a current price/lb-saved on the results?
I took a big dump this morning and I'm pretty sure I saved about the same amount of weight
LDH and ddipaola like this.
post #5925 of 5941 Old 05-24-2018, 11:49 AM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Many years ago a guy in our riding club spent something like $2500 on Ti fasteners for his 900RR and lost around 20lbs if I recall correctly. I do not begrudge him the effort or expense, but he could have spent that money on lighter wheels to reduce gyroscopic precession and it would have felt like he was 50lbs lighter in comparison.
Lanister likes this.
post #5926 of 5941 Old 05-24-2018, 11:51 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
Are they M8x20mm racespec lanister
I am not sure. I need to pull them out and take measurements. I want to put together something better so I can safety-wire them quicker. The OEM bolts are sunk into the body of the fork so even with cross-drilled OEM bolts, it's a bit tedious to feed the safety wire through there and it takes longer than it should. Super annoying during race weekends when I'm in a hurry changing wheels.
post #5927 of 5941 Old 05-24-2018, 11:57 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
Many years ago a guy in our riding club spent something like $2500 on Ti fasteners for his 900RR and lost around 20lbs if I recall correctly. I do not begrudge him the effort or expense, but he could have spent that money on lighter wheels to reduce gyroscopic precession and it would have felt like he was 50lbs lighter in comparison.
He might as well have just stunted and done both.. who needs to retire early right?

When in doubt... send it!
post #5928 of 5941 Old 05-24-2018, 02:22 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Lanistar get the length!I should have 2 Titanium Racespec M8x20mm spare you can have mate!I will check this morning and let you no asap!I will send them to you but it will prolly take over a week mate!I will look at my ZX10R parts manual and see if that tells me!its 5.21am in Australia atm!give me 5 mins to look at the manual
post #5929 of 5941 Old 05-24-2018, 03:13 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Lanister

I have 4xM8-15mm Titanium racespec but my gut feeling they are at least 20mm long mate!if these 15mm will do the job there yours no charge mate
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2449.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	330.6 KB
ID:	417394  
post #5930 of 5941 Old 05-24-2018, 04:37 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Titanium hardware weight loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
Your 100% correct with the lighter wheel option!I will say after changing roughly 90% of oem steel fasteners the weight of these oem steel fasteners is around 3 kg(6.6pounds)!now a Titanium weighs 45% less than steel so at a rough guess I lost about 1.4 kg (3 pounds)!so in value for money it's shit honestly!I changed every bolt!nut and screws I could!I even changed the steel tapping screws that hold the air box cover down!the M8 header nuts,all the engine side casings,all the sump pan bolts,all engine mount bolts,from the front to the back of the bike has Titanium fasteners!the only oem steel fasteners I didn't change was some of the upper engine bolts!I probably spent anything from $2500-$3000 for the loss of 1.4 kilograms!great value for money hey lol!but I would prolly do it all again lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in