Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Street and Law Enforcement

4K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  scout 
#1 ·
If you want to ride like an idiot, it is best you do it in rural areas. If you decide to ride like a Joe Rocket in the city and on interstates, you better be prepared to run, and be prepared for the consequences of a felony.

Best advice in any situation of getting "busted" is to immediately pull over in the safest area as possible. Consequences of evading are multiples worse than just pulling over. Just pull over and most likely state prosecutors will reduce the charge in your favor (assuming you are not a repeat offender), and given the circumstance and officer, you might get away with a warning.

Know what you are doing, who it is impacting, and the consequences.

#2 ·
I personally recommend a track for any high speed hijinks. Gets the blood flowing good while not having to constantly look over your shoulder for the popo and those pesky cagers that seem to pop out of nowhere to run you over and ruin your day.

#15 ·
You read Code?
I not only read Code, I live it, and just because I constantly practice throttle control, body position, turn enter/exit, etc, does not mean I am above the law. If you decide to run you had better be prepared for the consequences of a felony. It will change your life forever.

#21 ·
My ol lady was a borough cop for a few years and now a Sheriff, she's never ticketed a bike. Rule of thumb is if you're not an asshole or have attitude, neither will they. In most states, if you run they usually just disengage and radio ahead because they dont want to see you splatter your brains against someones nice shiny car. So if you do run, i say more power to you, just pray the cop chasing you doesnt wreck and get killed or kill someone then a felony would be the least of your worries.

Reactions: Kllongbrake
#27 ·
Riding sites are tricky. But like the rider above stated clearly, noobs simply never change as in they want to same things and spout the same stuff then disappear when whatever happens.

However, WhiteFang was different. He knew what I was talking about yet he's not been around.

#29 ·
I private messaged Fang a couple days ago with no response. This is the rider that had a g4 knocked over my an old lady in a PARKING LOT and had warranty provide a new frame, if I recall. I'm reporting from memory so I very very very certain that I have whatever wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.