Gen 4: 2011-2015 Rpm not revving past 8000rpm? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Victors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-21-2018, 05:12 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Rpm not revving past 8000rpm?

4th gen zx10r not revving past 8000rpm at a standstill. Only had the bike for a while so i can't tell if this is a normal feature or if something is wrong. I cant remember if it gets past that before. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet today so i can't tell if it goes past that while running. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-21-2018, 04:12 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
If you search the problem...

9/10 times it's a pinched fuel line under the tank
turtle1000 likes this.

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #3 of 7 Old 04-21-2018, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victors View Post
If you search the problem...

9/10 times it's a pinched fuel line under the tank
I searched the whole night. Couldn't find anything. Except 1 post that says it might be a ground issue, and another that says reset the ecu.

Also i noticed that the airbox on the lower left side has a nipple pointing down but instead of a hose, it was plugged with a screw. I'm mainly suspecting the fuel line though since it's kind of hard to put the tank in because of the hose. Will get to it when i get home.

post #4 of 7 Old 04-22-2018, 12:33 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Not sure about Kawasaki, but isn't there a certain RPM when secondary fuel injectors kick in? Maybe that's the problem.

The nipple pointing down instead of a hose is to block the AIS (Air Injection System). This is typically done along with block off plates that completely remove the AIS system from the bike. The purpose of this is to prevent injecting air into the exhaust when after market systems are installed often with cat deletes. The result is a proper AFR reading for accurate tuning.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-22-2018, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsNStuff View Post
Not sure about Kawasaki, but isn't there a certain RPM when secondary fuel injectors kick in? Maybe that's the problem.

The nipple pointing down instead of a hose is to block the AIS (Air Injection System). This is typically done along with block off plates that completely remove the AIS system from the bike. The purpose of this is to prevent injecting air into the exhaust when after market systems are installed often with cat deletes. The result is a proper AFR reading for accurate tuning.
So should i return it to a plug? It's on the lower left corner of the airbox. I'll check the fuel line 1st. I was able to ride the bike to 166kph at 1st gear before so it's probably something got pinched or some wire didn't get attached after the last tear down.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-24-2018, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Update: it was just a fuel line pinch as others have pointed out. Which is also what i first suspected since i remember it was really hard to put the tank back in, the fuel hose keeps fighting back and it's really hard to position. How do you guys go about it?

I also need to put new hoses again for the fuel line since the ones that the mechanic put on are too short and breathes to the clutch case on the right, and towards the fairing on the left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180424_142502_1524552886897.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	295.2 KB
ID:	415674  
post #7 of 7 Old 04-26-2018, 08:20 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Thinking about above, is your bike a salvaged bike? That might clear a path for the tech guys here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in