Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	413706

100% stock set up including the pipe they got out of the ZX6R scrap heap
Click image for larger version

Name:	04.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	413730
And the s***ty S21 B'Stones which cooked themselves on the roller...

Anyways, this thing is CHOKED UP... you thought the ETV maps were bad in the ZX-10R or even the H2? This is 10x worse. Kawi also resorted back to some of their old tricks we've seen on other models in the recent past here with this model. Bike also went pig rich in the top end, talking 10:1 AFR. Anyways, just for s***s and giggles to see what could be had out of it during a quick tuning session and some quick timing/ETV changes, we were pretty amazed. Looking at the maps, I guessed roughly 70HP peak, Justin guessed 50HP peak. He was spot on haha so I owe him a few drinks next time I see him.

Click image for larger version

Name:	05.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	413698
Bike put down a peak power gain of +50 WHP with the largest increase coming in the top end where an additional +100 WHP was picked up Not too bad for not really "tuning" it. Should definitely be more had when putting in the time on the tune itself as well as getting rid of that pipe and putting a Vandemon on it :)

Anyways, stuff is ready for release and will be out in the next day or so. Just thought it was pretty interesting so I figured I'd share it with everyone. To be honest, I am contemplating maybe getting this now over my V4 S haha!
belkins likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 03-15-2018, 12:18 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

That's very interesting what sort of torque is she putting down?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]192MPH stock engined 2008
post #3 of 14 Old 03-15-2018, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4012 View Post
That's very interesting what sort of torque is she putting down?
I don't know if the pick up was put on the bike or not so I cannot say - this is all just third party from what Justin and I spoke about over the past day or so.

post #4 of 14 Old 03-15-2018, 05:37 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Impresive bike impresive!!!!!!!
post #5 of 14 Old 03-16-2018, 01:32 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX10RArcher View Post
I don't know if the pick up was put on the bike or not so I cannot say - this is all just third party from what Justin and I spoke about over the past day or so.
Well thank you i just cant get my head round the difference in curve thats like 2500rpm ish difference. Going 10-1 at the top on a forced induction can only be for restriction purposes. Thank Justin, Archer & all at woolich racing. You make Kawasaki proud my next bike is not a 10R
ZX10RArcher likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]192MPH stock engined 2008
post #6 of 14 Old 03-16-2018, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Thanks Michael. It is insane how badly they detuned it. Like the H2 was bad, but this is BAD.

Just need to throw this out there as well, disclaimer time... these results are not final and are not 100% representative of what a fully custom tuned ECU can do for this bike. This was just something thrown together quickly to see what some quick test changes and some passes with AutoTune Live could result in. So, there may be even more there hidden away in the tune yet to be tapped.

But still, impressive nonetheless. I think Kawi really nailed this bike to be honest. Great performance (after an ECU tune of course), lots of tech (especially on the SE) and it's not breaking the bank ($22K for the SE, $19K for the base). If the riding position is great and comfortable, I honestly could see one of these in my garage to take on long trips with the wife.
post #7 of 14 Old 03-16-2018, 11:45 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

what is the diference on the SE vs base?
post #8 of 14 Old 03-16-2018, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp12 View Post
what is the diference on the SE vs base?
From Kawi:
Larger windscreen
Windscreen is larger (compared to the base model) for added wind protection

Heated grips:
Heated grips enhance comfort against frigid elements while cruising on the open road
(Not on the base)

Different seats:
High-grade micro-suede panels and custom stitching complement the aggressive styling of the Ninja H2 SX SE model, and features an embossed Ninja® logo for exclusivity
(Base has basic seats you'd expect from Kawi)

Wheels:
Machining and pinstriping on the wheels add to the high-quality image

KLCM:
3-mode KLCM controls engine output to provide incredible acceleration from a stop by minimizing rear wheel-slip and front end lift
(Not available on base)

KQS:
KQS – Dual-direction quick shifter allows both clutchless upshifts and downshifts for seamless acceleration and smooth deceleration
(Not avaialable on base)

Display:
Multi-function TFT Color LCD Screen
High-grade full color display features TFT (thin-film transistor) technology to ensure a level of visibility previously unobtainable
Two selectable display modes (Touring or Sport) allow riders to prioritize the information they want to see depending on the current ride
(Base uses same dash as H2)

Cornering Lights:
​Three LED lights built into each side of the fairing activate based on lean angle (one light at 10°, an additional second light at 20°, and all three lights illuminate at 30° and above) to help illuminate the road when cornering
(Not available on base)
post #9 of 14 Old 03-16-2018, 01:57 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

that is a nice nice package...

with 220hp on the tap... must be a very nice bike to ride
post #10 of 14 Old 03-16-2018, 08:19 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks for this write up. I have wondered about how neutered this bike would be in reference to factory set up. I love my zx10r but it is not a practical cross country bike , which I have done. I like a good long trip sometimes. This pushed me closer to the edge of buying one but I am still not sure about the styling of it. I would prefer a more smooth fairing and less futuristic nose but at least it is not a Concourse. That's is just personal preference though and it can be modified in the off season. Thanks again , add to this with what you guys do to it and results if you don't care , I am interested.
ZX10RArcher likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in