Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Preliminary H2 SX Tuning/Findings

9K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  cooter 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I don't know if the pick up was put on the bike or not so I cannot say - this is all just third party from what Justin and I spoke about over the past day or so.
Well thank you i just cant get my head round the difference in curve thats like 2500rpm ish difference. Going 10-1 at the top on a forced induction can only be for restriction purposes. Thank Justin, Archer & all at woolich racing. You make Kawasaki proud my next bike is not a 10R

#10 ·
Thanks for this write up. I have wondered about how neutered this bike would be in reference to factory set up. I love my zx10r but it is not a practical cross country bike , which I have done. I like a good long trip sometimes. This pushed me closer to the edge of buying one but I am still not sure about the styling of it. I would prefer a more smooth fairing and less futuristic nose but at least it is not a Concourse. That's is just personal preference though and it can be modified in the off season. Thanks again , add to this with what you guys do to it and results if you don't care , I am interested.

#14 ·
I my myself may get one. I am all in on the Ducati V4 S as is, but I also have a 4th and 5th gen both of which I am nowhere near outriding. So do I need the V4 S? Nah, not really for $28K - Especially when I can get the H2 SX SE AND an EX400 for less than that cost. Have one fun bike for long road trips and then another small bike to run ULW races with. Win Win ?

I have already talked with the dealer here that a buddy works at to give me first crack at one when it comes in.
Here is my review of mine.
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=349002

I haven't ridden since I had it flashed and tuned other than to ride home. We started at 164hp and 84ft.lbs with a Sprint Air filter and got up to 216hp and 99ft.lbs with the air filter and a rev bump. After getting the 216hp we did 4 back to back runs. The first two runs were identical then run 3 dropped to 206hp run 4 to 203hp as the bike got hot. So we decided too play it safe and took out 2 degrees of timing for final power being 213hp and 97ft.lbs. These are wheel hp numbers with stock exhaust around 2,400ft elevation and 95°-100° temperatures in Tucson AZ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.