Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 Old 04-30-2016, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1000 View Post
Anybody checked if the ol wedge the filter with pipe clamp trick works on new bike?
Explain?
post #43 of 53 Old 04-30-2016, 10:45 AM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I used to use a hose clamp on the OEM filters and safety wire to that, which is what I will have to do again. I *think* that's what he is talking about.

post #44 of 53 Old 04-30-2016, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
I used to use a hose clamp on the OEM filters and safety wire to that, which is what I will have to do again. I *think* that's what he is talking about.
That's how I always did my GSX-R1000, but I'm thinking the WEDGE reference was something else. Like maybe the screw on the clamp wedges against something and the wire is not needed. Just curious.
post #45 of 53 Old 04-30-2016, 10:51 AM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Ah, that could work if there is something to wedge it to. I would still want to see safety wire during tech inspections at our track events however.

post #46 of 53 Old 05-01-2016, 11:57 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Now you guys have me NERVOUS, I just ran the track yesterday with the KN303 for practice, Expert group, I don't need these issues!!! GRRRRRR...Going to call my dealer and get 4-5 OEM filters tomorrow..

The track is my HAPPY PLACE!
post #47 of 53 Old 05-01-2016, 01:13 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

To be honest I don't think you could have any problem with kn...it's just a filter...very simple device
post #48 of 53 Old 07-21-2016, 09:18 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

So I'm racing this weekend and I did an oil change on both my GEN4 and GEN5s to get ready for the weekend. I still had the K&N filters on the bikes. I also had 2 new K&N filters still on the shelf and for some reason I decided to use them up when I changed the oil. After I finished I looked at the filters sitting in the drain pan and noticed one was made in Korea and one was made in China which makes sense based on previous comments in this thread. Now, I don't know which bike the one from China was on but I did notice that one of the new filters that I installed was made in China and one new one made in Korea. The one from China was on the GEN5 and I was thinking about leaving them because the GEN5 has about half the pressure of the GEN4, but then my conscience got to me. I pulled the one from China off and stuck and OEM filter on instead. :) What really did it for me was when I compared the two old filters. The seal on the one from Korea looked good but the seal on the one from China looked mashed in several sections. I'm out of K&Ns now so it'll be OEM from here on out.
Mach.81 likes this.

post #49 of 53 Old 07-22-2016, 06:51 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
Yeah this is what I meant, I was told you can put a duct clamp on filter and put the part you tighten/screw against the oil pan and that will make it impossible for the filter to "turn out" I think someone on here taught me this actually. I've always used stock on gen 4 and 5 but I haven't HAD to wire either

More cowbell
post #50 of 53 Old 07-28-2016, 09:02 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Anyone has the real diference betwen 2 filters???

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.