Nicky Hayden critical! - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 57 Old 05-18-2017, 07:38 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I agree and I don't do it (i ride mountain bikes on trails tho), but not as dangerous as racing motorcycles your whole life. That is why I used the word "relatively" when comparing his day job to this activity.
BOP Leader likes this.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 57 Old 05-18-2017, 08:34 AM
Platinum Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

Hope he pulls through as well!

Call MIKE at 866-931-6644 ext 804. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:30AM-6PM EST. Visit our website at Riders Discount.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
post #13 of 57 Old 05-19-2017, 07:56 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
The latest news coming out of Italy on Nicky basically has him with no brain activity. Extremely sad at this point to think that the Kentucky Kid is probably not going to be with us any longer. That is not at all the outcome that people were pulling for and I'm sure the family and community is grief stricken over this latest turn.

Nicky Hayden's Life Goes Away | Motorbikes Fans

Ride on Nicky. Ride on! You will be missed.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.

#WordCrimes

post #14 of 57 Old 05-19-2017, 08:28 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

All you need to do is watch the Rossi interview where he says he spoke to the doctor. Rossi spoke of Nicky in past tense the rest of the interview. Like Rossi had been told by that doctor that Nicky wasn't going to make it. I suspect we'll hear sometime today that he's past. This makes me so damn mad because Nicky shouldn't have even been there, he should have been in France getting ready for the Gp race where he still belonged. He wasn't finished in Gp he was pushed out because he was American just exactly the way they done Spies. Nicky had not been on top level equipment since the year he won the title. Honda build the following years bike to fit Pedrosa which meant it didn't fit or work for Nicky. From there it was a steady tumble to the bottom of the equipment and finally out! Politics is in every aspect of human life. Seldom are the most deserving people rewarded the most because it's the most connected people that take praise for work they never done and can not do.
post #15 of 57 Old 05-19-2017, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
The latest news coming out of Italy on Nicky basically has him with no brain activity. Extremely sad at this point to think that the Kentucky Kid is probably not going to be with us any longer. That is not at all the outcome that people were pulling for and I'm sure the family and community is grief stricken over this latest turn.

Nicky Hayden's Life Goes Away | Motorbikes Fans

Ride on Nicky. Ride on! You will be missed.
Yea thats what ive been reading too, sounds like no brain activity. You know what they tend to do next after that...

I have so much Nicky merch in my garage i bought at the various MotoGP's here at Indy. Wearing his signed #69 shirt today from his Ducati days (have another autographed one i dont wear). His autographed stuff was always the same price as all the other normal t-shirts and his Mom was usually sitting there selling them in the Indy heat - saw Earl sitting out there once too. Wont forget her rushing away from the merch table, i think it was the last MotoGP here, after Nicky wrecked, think it was in practice and he didnt get to race that day.
He gave me a camo 69 sticker when he showed up in downtown Indy right out of the blue for bikes on Meridian and was nice enough to take a pic with me - thought it was cool i met someone smaller than me for once - im about 5'9"/140. Probably put that sticker on the 10 soon, finally. LS1(member) had him autograph a helmet and he was as nice as a person could be who is getting swarmed by fans.

That day, just being with my crew LS1 and Travis and having our badass bikes on display downtown, meeting Nicky and Travis hooking me up comping my ticket for the race - it was really a super cool day in my life. Times like that are what makes life really special.

Edit - Im having the strangest feeling they're keeping Nicky alive long enough for family to get there basically.

*Official winner of one Riflemans 1/5 insert

"I'll smoke it with ya bro, we'll go to the looney bin together!"

"Strong Men Also Cry"
post #16 of 57 Old 05-19-2017, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Not that it matters any but i wish there was some kind of information on the accident, the driver or anything like that. Just would by interesting to know how it happened. Or maybe i missed that part somewhere along the line?

*Official winner of one Riflemans 1/5 insert

"I'll smoke it with ya bro, we'll go to the looney bin together!"

"Strong Men Also Cry"
post #17 of 57 Old 05-19-2017, 09:26 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Strange there have been no details released about the driver or the other riders who were on the road with Nicky? Prognosis is not looking good for the Kentucky Kid. Cheered for Nicky racing around Laguna many times including the win in 2006 that ultimately led to the No.1 spot at the end of the championship.

After all the miles and risks of racing dirt and short circuit, only to be taken out on a bicycle by a fucktard in a cage. And the worst part is that Nicky is one of the good guys in racing. You just can't make this shit up.....

It's like Michael Schumacher all over again.
post #18 of 57 Old 05-19-2017, 10:31 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOP Leader View Post
Strange there have been no details released about the driver or the other riders who were on the road with Nicky?

Dude probably went into hiding... I know I would. I'd be asking for police protection if it were my fault! Taking out one of the good guys of the racing world has got to be one of the worst feeling ever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #19 of 57 Old 05-19-2017, 10:40 AM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
post #20 of 57 Old 05-19-2017, 11:55 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Damn this is sad news.
What's even sadder is how it all happened. He probably never thought in a million years a accident on a bicycle would take him out.

04' ZX10
06' Green ZX10-On the road to recovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.