My thoughts on my H2 SX SE vs my old Concours and 2012 ZX-10R - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By cooter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-15-2018, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

My thoughts on my H2 SX SE vs my old Concours and 2012 ZX-10R

I have a 2018 H2 SX SE that I traded my 2012 zx10r and my 2008 concours in on. For the road it is better in every way. I just got it Derestricted and tuned with woolich software but haven't really had a chance to ride it since then. My ZX-10R had Guhl Flash, M4 slipon, K&N air filter, Bazaaz, 1/4 turn Throttle, and custom dyno tune i can't remember if the redline was +500 or +1000rpms.

This comparison is pre-tune on the H2 SX SE and pre-suspension set-up.

Vs the ZX10R it accelerates just as hard but in a smoother manner. It's like riding in a fast luxury car vs a fast civic. Both accelerate as fast but the civic FEELS like it's going faster. On the drag strip I think they will be pretty close in comparison. The H2 SX SE doesn't feel as planted but is very nimble for its size. Riding on the road I can go through corners at the same speed and comfort level as on the ZX-10R when doing a "spirited" riding pace. But it doesn't have to be kept way up in the rpms to accelerate hard out of the corner like the ZX-10R had to be. Going back and forth side to side on the bike takes a little more effort because of the bikes size but steering takes less effort. If your riding at a track pace on the road the ZX-10R is going to be faster but you'd have to be pushing pretty hard. I had my H2 SX SE flashed and tuned on the same dyno that my ZX-10R was tuned on so I have a comparison chart of the two. The ZX-10R was modded as listed above and the H2 SX SE has Sprint P08-F185 filter and woolich flash/tune (+500rpm redline) but is otherwise stock. This was in Tucson (about 2,400ft elevation) it was around 95-100 both times I had the bikes on the dyno. Red lines are the H2 SX SE blue lines are the ZX-10R.

Vs the concours
The H2 SX SE is less comfortable to sit on. But since it is lighter it is more comfortable to ride especially over distances. I rode my H2 SX SE to Austin for moto up. I rode 720 miles to Junction TX Thursday. Did about 400 miles of Texas Hill country before riding up to Austin Friday. Did 60 miles round trip to the track Saturday. 30 miles to the track then a little over 500 to my friends house in Artesia NM Sunday after the races. Then 420 miles home Monday. The whole trip I'd stop for gas about every 150 miles, fill up about every other stop I'd grab a bottle of water and take a leak and I'd be ready to go. I never had the urge to stand around take a break stretch. After about 300 miles on the concours I'd be stretching at the gas stops taking a break etc. On the H2 SX SE I was good until just over the 600 mile mark. After 600 miles of a constant head wind I was ready to get off of the bike. But once I reached the hotel where I was meeting my friend took the saddlebags off and changed I was ready to ride some more. We rode to go get dinner. The H2 SX SE doesn't have the storage capabilities that the concours had but it has enough for a week long trip if you pack smart. The H2 SX SE is very stable at high speeds and you barely notice the bags. At about 110 mph you start feeling the bags on a concours and at 130mph the bike starts moving around. I've run the H2 SX SE up to 175mph with fully loaded bags and didn't notice they were affecting the ride at all.

The H2 SX SE definetly had an emphasis on the SPORT side of Sport Touring. But does both great. I've ridden lots of different bikes (pretty much every major type of riding style) and I think it is the best all around road bike out there hands down. There are bikes that are faster and more nimble, there are bikes that are more comfortable to ride. But there are no bikes that are as comfortable and as fast. If you're only interested in sport riding get a ZX-10R if your interested in the touring aspect get a versys or concours. But if your like me and you're the type of person to put saddlebags on a sportbike or you like to ride long distances on a really fast bike get the H2 SX.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180508_191009_1526397184356.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	611.9 KB
ID:	416578  

Don't lick the hand that wipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-15-2018, 11:41 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Dude.... that dyno overlay is nuts! I'd love to have one of those in the stable. :)

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-15-2018, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazOnaZX View Post
Dude.... that dyno overlay is nuts! I'd love to have one of those in the stable. :)
I can't wait to get it out to stone half mile races. I'm going to need some sprockets for mile racing if I find any events around.

Don't lick the hand that wipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in