Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

KAWASAKI H2 STREET: OFFICIALLY UNVEILED. Kawi video inside

103K views 998 replies 100 participants last post by  BOOSTED 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#2 · (Edited)
$25,000 MSRP for the H2 Street. Price discusssion

I LOVE the blower.
But, at $25,000 , I'm out.

I can't justify paying TWICE what I did for a brand new ZX10 ABS.
Especially when compared to what the base 1000cc bikes offer, and what can be had in the aftermarket for BIG power. (Turbo ZX14, etc)

http://kawasaki.com/Products/2015-Ninja-h2

Since these are street bikes that are subjected to all the issues/dangers/etc that we deal with on the street, I wish we could still buy bare bone versions of 1000cc bikes similar in spec and price to the 2006 GSX-R 1000 that was selling brand new for $9,500.

#18 ·
I LOVE the blower.
But, at $25,000 , I'm out.

I can't justify paying TWICE what I did for a brand new ZX10 ABS.
Especially when compared to what the base 1000cc bikes offer, and what can be had in the aftermarket for BIG power. (Turbo ZX14, etc)

http://kawasaki.com/Products/2015-Ninja-h2

Since these are street bikes that are subjected to all the issues/dangers/etc that we deal with on the street, I wish we could still buy bare bone versions of 1000cc bikes similar in spec and price to the 2006 GSX-R 1000 that was selling brand new for $9,500.
Every time I hear someone compare a turbo f'ing 14 to this it makes me scream. It is kinda heavy though.....:dontknow:

#4 ·
Stage I'm with you on this one... I wanted to see a little more power that could easily be there with the SC but with 140 lbs. of torque that thing is going to be sick!

#9 ·
At 25k, I think it is a SCREAMING deal...

But then again, I ride a 28k TriColore Ducati and a 23k Carbon Diavel so what do I know.. :/

#12 ·
From all the talk and lack of fairing, I expected a lighter weight than 525 lbs

. Even if you get rid of the boom box and bazookas, your looking at probably 20 lbs savings give or take...

I was guessing 430-455 lbs at most.....

If they priced at 30k, they really would not sell much, my guess, Kawi put this out as a marketing tool for their technology, it really doesn't matter how many H2s they sell

I like the headlight, looks clean...the bike is wicked looking but I'm not overly impressed.....

This bike is something way different and definitely does not replace a 10R or 14R

Let's see how it does in real world testing...my 14R is only about 20-25 lbs heavier with a full exhaust, and that's in street trim....

#13 ·
Supercharger, drive mechanism, metal airbox to retain the pressurized charge, longer intake runner, huge catalytic converter for emissions, huge muffler, single-sided swingarm, mirrors, lights, tag bracket, toolkit, etc, etc, and I'm surprised it only weighs 525lbs.

No, this is not a replacement for the ZX-10R. It's not a replacement for the ZX-14 either. But this thing will produce MASSIVE amounts of torque and outrun both of them. The problem with these spec-sheet numbers is they don't convey what the charger brings to the game. I doubt seriously this thing will feel like a 500lb motorcycle once you flick into a turn and crank that throttle open.

#16 ·
Dude this would be my first mod for this baby! LOVE IT! :notworthy:

#15 ·
The 238 kg (525 lbs) is the curb weight (all fluids filled). Yes, it's heavier than I'd like it to be, although I can see why.

#19 ·
It's a very nice machine... obviously something that is above and beyond any current supersport. I think the price is justified, although it would have been REALLY nice to be at or under 20k. After seeing the street version I want it, but as an addition to the stable. I am NOT selling my ZX-10R!!

#21 ·
H2, only 200 HP, and that's at the crank, I would say that's pretty close to what the modified ZX-10R makes with just bolt-on's. The ZX-10 with a good tune might make a little bit more. Then again, let's see what the H2 makes with bolt-on's and a good tune (unleashed).

#22 ·
On the Jay Leno video, the rep said the H2R was 20kg lighter which is a 44lbs difference. So 480ish wet. I personally think 25K is a reasonable asking price. If Kawi has the right strategy, then they will produce it in low supply to keep the demand up. It was already noted, the H2R will be built to order. I was hoping it would be around 450lbs and at least 225hp at the crank. Imo, it is like nothing else on the road currently. I really like Kawasaki's design philosophy which started with the gen4. It's aggressive with its sharp cut angular lines and just looks fast standing still imo of course.

This post has been deleted
#23 ·
I think Kawasaki is playing some games with the HP numbers. The rated 200 HP is at only 11,000. The race bike goes to 14,000, and the tach goes even higher. I think they are underating it for some reason? Maybe being fearful of government intervention? If you rev it to 13,000 it will make more HP, and the supercharger is a centrifical type, so as the rpm goes up, the boost goes up even more. At only 8.5 to 1 compression, you could run a lot of boost on pump gas before detonation. MIke.

#24 ·
Mike that's a very good thought.... it could be true for sure. I did hear some where that there may be some sort of intervention because of the SC. Stock 200 HP light mods I bet 230 no problem.....

#25 ·
I have an05 with A&a kit and If I bought bike new and put sc on it and did all work I've done to it to make it bullet proof in aftermarket standards m way past 25000 ,sc kit 5k,engine work,4-5k ,Ti singleside swingarm 6k,rims 3500,ohlins front forks 2500,rear Ohlins 800, n the list Goes on so your getting a bike that's been tested and r&d and comes with warranty etc 25000$ is a good price and you get the backing from a major company and reliability so anyone who says this is expensive doesn't know what it takes to build an sc bike to be reliable , also skydork makes plenty of great points as well

#47 ·
In light of your experience, I have to HUMBLY disagree.
If you don't get gready with boost, a stock bike+blower is hard to beat for
power/price/reliability.
I think that if you compare the combination of a stock bike with the addition of a supercharger and supporting items to run the blower on a STOCK LONGBLOCK, and then compare that combination to a $25k H2, I think that combination of a blower/stock longblock is a much better deal.
Disclaimer: I've been doing the above to street cars for the last 20 years, and a stock car with the addition of a blower, headers, tune, and MAYBE fuel system/meth is the ultimate combination for power/price/reliability.

#28 ·
Good article, they're saying the H2 power is mainly limited by the cams and obviously a bit from OEM muffler.

#33 ·
Plugged the transmission ratios into a calculator... the H2R has 18/42 gearing and the H2 has 18/44 H2R Top speed @ 14,000rpm = 217Mph H2 Top speed @ 14,000rpm = 207Mph.... Thats gunna be fun if they are anywhere close to right Even if its 13,500 its still 209Mph and 199Mph.

Attachments

#34 ·
Id really like to see what happens when someone dumps the factory muffler off this thing, ups the boost. And someone grinds their own cams for it. For now, I think its still pretty sweet. Im definitely in the majority that I think were expecting it to weigh 25 pounds less than it does though.

#39 ·
I agree. The H2 is gonna be a Very capable platform to build from, bringing it very close to the stock R, likely with Far less money than the R's price tag.
I could easily see people raising the power output 40-50% within months of the release.

#38 ·
is the MSRP is really around $25,000? This is such a bargain! Is kawi taking pre-order yet? Who is paying MSRP anyways! :eek:ccasion1

The H2 version looks really nice.. Just need to drop the shitty exhaust system.. Jesus! they are getting bigger with the years!:crackup:

#42 ·
^^^Yep. Considering everything that's gone into it, and it's very high potential for growth, it's quite a bargain, especially in comparison to other elites on the market.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.